Chapter 50

Chapter 50

"Prince! Come on boy, don't wanna keep them waiting." I called out as I put on my coat and opened the front door.

I heard a bark, but not from inside the house. I scrunched up my eyebrows and looked outside.

Prince was seated on the ground beside my car looking at me, his tongue hanging from his mouth.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes as I walked to him.

"Sneaky boy." I said as I opened he driver's side and he hopped in and into the passenger's.

Prince was all grown up now. He's mature and trained that's why I barely carry a leash with me when I go out with him.

Right now we were headed to Jake's house to meet with everyone.

We arrived at the house in thirty minutes and I parked beside Jace's car.

Prince and I went to the front door and I let myself in.

"We're here." I called.

Soon Tony popped out of the living room with Charlie at his side. Charlie's Tony's fully grown German Shepard which he got a few days after they got home from Paris. He missed Prince and wanted a dog of his own, so he went ahead and adopted one.

Prince immediately went to him and they started playing around. When they met they instantly became best friends.

"Hey, violent." He said as he opened his arms for a hug.

I rolled my eyes as I hugged him. "I thought I told you to stop calling me that."

He chuckled as we pulled away. "Come on, everyone's in the dining room."

I followed him to the dining room and saw everyone there.

"Nina!" Frankie called.

"Hey, Frankie!" I said as we hugged.

We pulled away and Tony came up to her and wrapped his hand around her waist.

Frankie's Tony's girlfriend. They met when Tony went on a business meeting with Matt in Singapore. Frankie runs one of their sister companies. She's surprisingly from the Philippines and she was close friends with Jade before Frankie moved away during college.

Such a small world.

"Hello, cousin." Letty said as we hugged.

I chuckled. "Where's the boyfriend?"

"Oh, Kaleb? He's somewhere." she said waving her hand like she could care less.

Yeah, Kaleb and Letty are now officially together. Took them long enough, I know. Kaleb finally confessed his feelings and apparently Letty felt the same.

"Hey baby sis." Jace said as he kissed my forehead and hugged.

"Hey big bro."

Jade and Jace are still going strong, well, they've practically known each other their whole lives, so I won't be surprised if a wedding ring comes next.

I greeted and hugged everyone including Carmen and Matt. They left Colby with the grandparents for the night. Speaking of which, Carmen's a week pregnant with their second child and we couldn't be any happier for them.

I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Hey, love."

I smiled and twirled around his arms and wrapped my arms round his waist too. I pecked him on the lips. "Hi."

He chuckled lightly and we went over to the table as they called us to eat dinner already.

Jake and I have been together for three years already and this is the fourth time I'm spending New Year's Eve with him.

Our relationship has gotten a whole lot better. Of course there have still been bumps on the road, but nothing we couldn't handle.

After the whole scandal with Carrie and Victor, Jake's been really cautious and protective over me.

Well, speaking of them, I got to finally get them off my back. Carrie gave up on trying to destroy my relationship with Jake, and Victor finally stopped trying to get his revenge. It turns out that Marian was in on it too.

After having a long and serious talk, I finally got to them. Jake and my lawyer were with me and boy did we threaten them. We didn't want too, but for them to get off our backs we had too. I mean we could literally take out what's left of their riches with just one phone call.

We haven't seen or heard from them but we got our people keeping a close eye on them just in case they try something again.

Everything's been going great right now and I couldn't be any happier with my life and with the people around me.

Oh, and remember Danny from the orphanage? Well, they've been relocated a two years ago into a more suited place.

It was big and spacious, and the kids have a yard and a playground, and even a pool. We hired people to help out in the orphanage and we occasionally supply them with what they need.

Danny's in college now on scholarship. He decided to go to a college close to the orphanage, it was only thirty minutes away. He applied for a scholarship and got part of it, so we decided to pay for the other half.

They were all so grateful and happy and I couldn't help but feel really happy that we helped them out and now they can live much more comfortably.

"It's almost time! Come on!" Letty announced as we all headed out to the porch leading to the backyard to wait for the fireworks.

11...10...

"You know we've been together for so long right?" He murmured in my ear.

I nodded as I rested my back on his chest.

9...8...

"You know that I really love you and I'll do anything for you,"

7...6...

"You've come into my life and made everything better,"

5...4...3...

"Janina Cordelia Maxfield..."

2...

"I would love to spend the rest of my life with you,"

1!

"Will you marry me?"

I froze. My eyes widened as I looked behind me.

He was on the ground on one knee looking up at me holding a diamond ring.

"Yes!" I said as I felt a tear go down my cheek and heard the fireworks exploding.

His eyes sparkled and a smile broke out from his lips showing his dimples as he put the ring on my finger and stood up. I wrapped my arms around his neck as our lips collided.

We pulled away and I looked up at him happily and I saw that he had so much love and happiness in his eyes that masthead mine.

He rested his forehead against mine. We were in our own world. I could see the slightest reflection of the fireworks in his eyes, and I know that it's exactly what he's feeling inside.

"Happy New Year, babe." I said grinning widely.

He chuckled lightly. "Happy New Year, love."

I smiled up at him. "I love you, Jake."

He smiled. "I'll love you forever, Nina."

My smile grew wider and once again our lips collided and I couldn't help as another tear streamed down my face as I smiled against his lips.

It's official, this is the best New Year's celebration ever.

THE END.

I would like to thank you all so much for the support and for your interest in my story. This is the first story I've finished and I feel so accomplished. Thank you all so much, I can't express to you how I really appreciate your support and interest in my story. I'm glad I got to share it with you and I'm really happy that you liked it.

Thanks again! Much love!

-Vanilla Twilight