Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Nina! You were supposed to be cleaning my office five minutes ago!" Marian boomed from downstairs. I was upstairs right now cleaning her room.

This is how I get punished for hanging out and talking to the CEO of Hawkins Corp.

I rushed down to her office and started cleaning.

There were papers on her desk which I didn't dare touch. I just cleaned around them wiping her desk and vacuumed the carpeted floor.

My phone started ringing in my pocket, so I shut the vacuum off and dug out my phone.

I looked at the caller ID: Jake Hawkins.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nina. Uhm, are you busy right now?"

"No, not really."

"So, uh, are you doing anything on Saturday?" He asked nervously.

Huh, why is he nervous?

"Uhm, I have work. Why?"

"Well, there's this charity event and my mom doesn't want me to go alone. She apparently likes you very much, so she forced me to take you."

"So, you want me to go to the charity event with you?" I asked teasing him little.

"Yes. So, will you?" he asked, a bit of nervousness in his voice again.

I chuckled silently. "What time?"

"Six o'clock. It's gonna be at the Seaside Hotel."

"But my shift ends at 5:30, I don't think I'll make it in time."

"Leave that to me." He said and another voice called him. "Mr. Hawkins, the meeting is about to start."

"Yes, thank you." he replied to the man.

"I'll pick you up at work, alright?"

Well, I haven't said yes, but alright then.

I was about to answer when I remembered I didn't have a dress, or shoes, or make up, or anything else.

"Don't worry, I have a dress and make up and whatever else you need." he said as if reading my mind.

"Okay, then. Yeah, sure."

"I'll see you Saturday." he said and I could practically see him smiling.

"Yeah, see you Saturday. Bye."

"Bye." he said and we hung up.

Saturday at Hawk's Diner.

"Nina, order's up." Sally called from behind the counter.

I walked over to her and grabbed the tray carefully. "Which table?"

"Table five." she said handing a take-out bag to one of the customers.

I went to table five and gave them their meal.

"Here you go sweetheart, chocolate chip pancakes." I said as I placed the meal in front of the six year old girl with pigtails.

She looked up and smiled cheekily at me. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome, sweetie." I said then turned to her mom.

"Here's your coffee and blueberry muffin." I said smiling placing her food on the table.

"Thank you." she said smiling softly at me.

"You're welcome, enjoy your meal."

It wasn't so bad working here. Everyone here was nice and easy to get along with. Sally, the cashier, was in her early thirties and works here at the same time that her husband's at work. Our boss, Mr. Jacobs was in his early forties, he barley comes out of the office cause he's doing paperwork, or he's in the kitchen helping our cook, Joe. Mr. Jacobs is really a chef at heart.