Chapter 43

Chapter 43

"Hey, you ready to go?" Letty said coming into view.

I nodded and grabbed my bag and coat. "Yup."

We were currently heading to the Hawkins' mansion to get ready, as Jamie ordered.

It was just gonna be us girls, me, Jamie, Letty, Jade, Emily, and Carmen.

Emily hired makeup artists and hair stylist just for today which I think is a bit too much, but hey, no use arguing with them.

"We're here!" Letty announced.

"Hi, Jamie." I said hugging her.

"Hello, darling."

We pulled away and I went to Emily.

"Hi, Emily." I said hugging her.

"Hey, sweetie. Long time no see, how have you been?"

We pulled away and I smiled at her. "I've been good. How are you and Rob?"

"Oh, you know. Rob's busy with the business. I took the time off to go Christmas shopping and help Jamie prepare the party."

Before I could respond, Jamie announced that the stylists were here and we should get started.

Three hours later and we were all finally done.

My hair was down in its usual waves but was swept to the side with a shiny bejeweled pin to hold it. Jamie told the make up artist to make my make up light and natural, just the way I liked it.

Jamie surprised me with the gorgeous dress she made. It was a solid red dress with the top bejeweled in silver. It hugged my curves and flowed down till mid thigh. I paired it with some dangling silver earrings, my bracelet, and some silver stilettos.

Jamie made a dress for all of us girls and it was all different colors. She was wearing white, Emily was wearing a combination of white and gold, Letty was wearing a certain shade of green, Carmen was wearing blue and Jade's wearing a combination of silver and purple. They all looked beautiful.

The party has started a few minutes ago and I've been feeling uneasy cause I haven't seen Jake.

"Hey, Nina."

I turned around and smiled. "Hi, Harold."

He hugged me and pulled back. "You look beautiful."

"This is thanks to Jamie. You look great too."

He chuckled lightly. "Well, this is thanks to Jamie too."

"Nina!" I looked behind Harold to see Rob.

I smiled at him and looked back at Harold. "I'll see you later, sweetie." He said kissing my cheek.

"See you." I said and then walked to Rob's open arms.

"Hello, sweetheart." he said hugging me tight. "Long time no see."

I chuckled lightly as we pulled away. "Yeah. How have you been?"

He shrugged. "Oh, you know. Business."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course."

He chuckled. "Hey, I haven't seen Jake around."

I tensed and then recovered. "Yeah. I guess his flight got delayed or something. He's coming from New York."

He nodded understanding. "Oh, okay. Well, I have to go look for Emily. I'll see you later, okay?"

I nodded. "Yup."

I sighed once he left.

"Nervous much."