Chapter 16

Chapter 16

When I arrived at Jake's building I told Miguel that I'd just text or call him if I had any other plans and made him

"Good afternoon, Ms. Nina." the door man said giving me a friendly smile.

I smiled back and nodded. "Good afternoon."

I went it the elevator and a guy let me go in first. "Ms. Nina."

"Thank you." I said smiling politely.

Ever since the news came out that we were dating people that work in the building, if not everyone, know me.

Once I got to his floor I walked to his office. Smiling and greeting people back as they greeted me.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Nina." Gina, his PA, said.

"Hi, Gina. Is Jake busy?"

"Uh, he actually told me to let you in as soon as you get here." she said standing up and heading to the door while I followed.

She knocked twice and entered. "Sorry to interrupt, sir, but Ms. Nina is here."

She opened the door wider and let me in. There was another man in the room, his back facing me.

Jake had a scowl on his face, but when his eyes landed on me his face softened into a smile.

"Hi, babe." he said standing up from his desk chair and walking to me. "Thanks, Gina. You can go now."

I heard the door close as Gina left, leaving me with Jake and the other man.

"Hi." I said smiling up at him. "Here's your coffee."

"Thanks." he said as he grabbed the coffee and kissed my cheek.

A throat cleared making us turn to the man. "Hey, Nina."

I smiled when I saw who it was. "Hi, Kaleb. Long time no see." I said as I walked to him and gave him a hug.

Kaleb chuckled as we pulled away. "Yeah, long time no see. How have you been?"

I shrugged. "Oh, you know. A lot's been happening lately."

"Yeah? Wha—?" Kaleb started but was cut off with Jake clearing his throat.

We looked at him and his scowl was back on his face. He put up a finger and signaled for me to come to him.

Kaleb chuckled. "Well, someone's possessive."

"No, someone just missed me a lot." I teased as I walked to him and hugged his waist.

Jake scoffed. "Oh, so now I get a hug. And please, we saw each other yesterday why would I miss you already?" he said wrapping his arms around me.

I looked up at him and gave him a look.

"Okay, I missed you." he admitted.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh, so now you miss me." I said mimicking him as I pulled away and crossed my arms.

He smiled cheekily and hugged me again. "Yes, I do. I missed you a lot." he said then kissed my nose making me wrinkle it up.

I scoffed. "Oh, whatever." I said as I got out of his hold.

I then turned to the chair where I dropped my bag, which was in front of his desk, I removed my coat and placed it there.

"So, I met Victor's girlfriend awhile ago." I stated.