Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Jake Hawkins

I decided to go to Nina's house after work. I knew she was there cause I called Sebastian and asked him.

No, I'm still not that...comfortable with Nina having a guy as a PA, but I can't force her to get a female one or else she would blow up and lecture me.

"Hey, love." I said coming into her office.

She looked up at me from behind her desk and smiled. I walked to her and sat on the arm of her chair, wrapping my arm around her and kissing the top of her head.

"Hey, babe. How was work?"

I shrugged. "Fine. Speaking of work, I wanted to ask if you could be one of the sponsors for a charity event my company is organizing."

She smiled up at me. "Sure, I'd love to help. What are you doing?"

"We're gonna fix up an old orphanage which is really overpopulated. They barely have supplies for everyone and not enough staff to help out in running it. We're planning on renovating the place or most probably relocating them, putting more rooms and beds, give supplies and hire staff members and stuff." I explained. "We're actually planning on going there later this week."

"Can I come?" she asked excitement in her eyes.

I smiled at that. She loved helping people, especially children. Next to that she loves helping animals as well.

"Sure. It's gonna be on Thursday, 11am. Are you free that day?"

She shrugged. "I honestly have no idea, but I'll make myself free." she said smiling cheekily at me making me chuckle.

I stood up and stretched taking off my coat and throwing it on the sofa. I loosened my tie and unbuttoned the first two buttons on my shirt. I then rolled my sleeves to my elbows and plopped down on the sofa.

"You know, you can watch TV or something." Nina said her eyes glued to some papers below her, an amused smile across her face.

"Nah, I rather watch my beautiful girlfriend do her work." I said smirking as I lay on the sofa, putting my legs up, my hands going under my head.

She glanced at me and back down at the papers and chuckled lightly shaking her head. "Do whatever you want."

I chuckled and just continued to watch her. She was just wearing a plain white v-neck shirt and denim shorts, her hair tied up in a lazy pony tail.

She didn't even look like a CEO of a big company, she just looked like a simple girl.

That's one of the things that amazes me about her. She had money and luxury and lost it at an early age. She grew up simple and hardworking. Now, that she has her money back she doesn't flaunt it. She remains simple and humble when going out, just a piece of jewelry here and that's it. She's not like those other people that flaunt dollars with diamond rings, emerald earrings and a sapphire necklace worn all at the same time. I mean who would wear freaking branded heels to an outreach and flaunt to the less fortunate their jewels and leather bags? That's just really insensitive and egotistical.

I think that's what made me fall for her more. I mean, I fell for her before she became Cordelia Maxfield again. I guess I fell because I found her beautiful, because she's hardworking, and kind, and humble. I guess...no, being a Maxfield means nothing to me, her money or her company. I would still like her even if she didn't have money.

I stared at Nina and smiled thinking that I'm so lucky to have her as my girl.

The last thing I remembered was Nina tucking her loose hair behind her ear as I faded into darkness.