Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I was currently watching TV as I played with Jake's hair as he sleeps. I heard Jake's phone ring from the bedside table.

I reached out and grabbed it, hitting the answer button. "Hey, Kaleb."

"Hey. Yeah, sorry, just realized I didn't have your number so I called Jake's phone. Anyways, I'm at the lobby, on the way to the elevator."

Wow, that was fast. It's only been 35 minutes or something.

"Oh, okay. Just ring the door bell when you're here."

"Alright. See you in a few."

I ended the phone call and placed his phone back on the table. I sighed as I thought of how I'll get Jake off me.

He was luckily in deep sleep so his hold on me wasn't tight. I gently removed his arm from around my waist and placed his head on a pillow.

I stood up and grabbed my phone just in time for the door bell to ring, quite loud if I may add, it made Jake groan and roll over to his back.

He was still asleep when I headed out of his room and to the front door.

I opened it to see a smiling Kaleb in light jeans and a black polo under his coat, a small paper bag in his hands.

"Hey." I said stepping aside letting him come in.

"Hi. Here's what you wanted. I hope I got the right one or else I'm gonna sue that woman behind the counter." he joked making me chuckle as he handed me the bag.

I got the bag from him. "Thanks."

"No prob." He said taking off his coat. I then noticed that he was looking at me up and down.

"What?"

His eyes snapped back to my face. He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. It's just—you're like a billionaire now and instead of wearing branded clothes, here you are in plain, simple jeans and a shirt."

I smiled and shrugged. "I may be a billionaire but I don't like showing it off. I mean yeah, I have branded stuff, but I don't use it everyday."

He chuckled lightly. "You're right."

"Well, I'll just get this up to him. You can watch TV or something if you want." I said heading to the stairs.

I went to Jake's room and saw that he wasn't in bed.

"Jake?" I called and I was answered by the sound of puking, but now in the bathroom.

I threw the bag on his bed and put some water in a glass then hurriedly made my way to the bathroom to see Jake bent over the toilet coughing.

I sat down worriedly beside him and rubbed his back. "You done?"

He nodded and sat on the floor, clutching his head between his hands as he groaned.

I flushed the toilet and handed him the water. He took it and gulped half of it down.

"Thanks. Sorry about this." he said sighing and leaning his head back on the wall.

I swiped his hair away from his slightly damp forehead. "It's alright. How are you feeling? You puked out everything you ate. I made Kaleb buy some medicine, but you can't take it with an empty stomach."

"Kaleb?" he asked confused as I helped him up and out of the bathroom.

I nodded. "Yeah, he's downstairs watching TV right now, is it alright that he's here? Or do you want me to make him leave?"

He shook his head and sat on the bed. "No, it's fine, I guess."

I grabbed the bag from his bed and placed it on the bedside table. "I'll cook you something so you can drink your meds, alright? What do you want?"