Chapter 4

Chapter 4

My phone rang and an unknown number showed up.

I scrunched my eyebrows together and hesitated to answer, but in the end I did.

"Hello?" I said unsure.

"Nina Henderson?" A man said whose voice I recognized from two days ago.

"Jake?"

"Hey, you remember!" he said ecstatically.

I chuckled lightly. For a twenty three year old he sure acts like an eighteen year old when he talks. "Uh, yeah, I guess. Hang on, where'd you get my number?"

"Victor."

I froze. "What?"

"I asked him if he knew his mother's temporary PA's number." he answered casually as if it was normal. "For business purposes."

"Uhm, w-what did he say?" I said trying to act normal.

"Don't worry I just asked if he had your number and him being his cocky self told me to talk to his PA and so I did. So, anyways, what's up?"

I blinked. Well, they don't have a good relationship apparently.

"I-uh-I'm-what am I doing?" I asked myself completely forgetting why I'm standing behind the counter of the diner and what I was supposed to do.

He chuckled at the other end of the phone snapping me back to reality.

"Uhm, nothing. I just finished work." I said remembering that I was just gonna get my bag and head out.

"Really? Are you doing anything else?"

I thought for a few seconds. "Uhm, no. I guess I'll just head home."

"Where are you right now?"

"Uhm, I'm just heading out of Hawk's Diner." I said as the opened the door making the bell ring.

"Oh, well stay there I'm headed there right now."

I stopped in my tracks. "Wait, what?"

"Yeahup, I'll be there in like two minutes." he said happily.

"Wait a second. Hold up. What's happening?" I asked completely confused.

"Get in the car."

"What car—?"

I was cut short when I turned and saw a white Ashton Martin beside me, the passenger side window opened to reveal a smirking Jake with a black cap and his Aviators on.

Two minutes? More like two seconds.

"Well, get in."

I just stood there dumbstruck, my phone still against my ear.

"Nina, people are staring." He said his smirk growing.

I snapped out of it and looked to my right to see an old couple staring.

I quickly took my phone off my ear and got in the car, my face heating up.

I heard Jake chuckle as we drove off. I turned my head and glared at him.

"That was so not funny!" I said slapping him on the arm.

"Ow! Don't slap the driver." he said chuckling.

I groaned and shook my head. "What are you doing anyways?"

"We are going swimming."

"What?" I asked surprised.