Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"So, when are you guys gonna talk about it?" Tony asked.

I sighed and plopped down on the couch beside him. "I have no idea."

Right now we were in my living room at home watching TV.

"Well, it's only been a day. And I see that you haven't removed his necklace, huh?" He said looking down at my necklace which had the ring.

I rolled my eyes and punched his arm.

"What is it with you being violent towards me?" He said rubbing his arm.

I rolled my eyes. "As if it hurt you."

He chuckled and shook his head. "So, you never told me about last night. Aside from the necklace."

I sighed. "It was weird."

"Care to elaborate?"

"I don't know. We talked about it and it was really awkward and I found every opportunity I got to escape from him. Then whenever we were caught we would do couple things and I would be tense and I could feel he was tense too. Then the picture taking happened."

"Yeah, I saw that."

"The thing was, when we were acting during the picture taking, it didn't feel like we were acting. It felt normal, like our group picture when I wrapped my arms around him and stuff, we weren't tense, and the couple pictures, it felt normal. But then when the picture with the mistletoe came and we kissed...it felt weird, but at the same time not."

I remembered how I felt when he had his arms around me, when he kissed my cheek, when we kissed. I realized how much I missed him, how much I missed everything we do.

"He called me love again." I said and unconsciously smiled.

I ranted to Tony how he never called me love anymore and it was just plain Nina, and it was dry and emotionless.

"You are so whipped." he said with an amused voice.

I glared at him and punched his arm.

He opened his mouth to complain when someone cleared their throat.

"Excuse me, Cordelia, someone dropped this off for you when I was in your office." Mike said handing me an envelope. "I gave the files to Sebastian as you said."

"Thanks Mike." I said getting the envelope from his hand.

He nodded and left.

I looked at the envelope. "Huh. No return address."

"Wow, how mysterious."

I elbowed Tony's side. "You're such a loser."

He chuckled and rubbed his side. "Well, aren't you gonna open it?"

"I was just gonna do that." I said tearing the top slowly.

"Sure."

I punched his arm, hard.

"Seriously?" He said rubbing his arm.

Before I could say anything the doorbell rang.

"You get it." I said crossing my arms, the envelope still in my hand as I faced the TV.

"This is your house. Plus, my arm hurts thanks to you."

"You are such a baby. Just do it." I said rolling my eyes.

"Nike!"

I looked at him confused. "What?"

"That's Nike. Just do it."