Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Two weeks later

It's been about two weeks that I've been living with Jace. Yeah, he's used to being called Jace and I'm used to being called Nina, so we just went back to that.

We've been spending a lot of time together, of course in between work and meetings with Mr. Dale about the case.

He told me his life after the accident, that he woke up in a hospital and couldn't remember anything.

Robert and Emily Fox adopted him and raised him like their own. Since they couldn't have any children and Jace was officially their son, he was the only legal heir to the Fox Industry Empire, so they signed everything under his name.

Even though Jace didn't remember his past, he still had the Maxfield blood running in his veins, so he was fond of business and management. He took a business management course in college.

Jace told his adoptive parents about everything and they were actually furious and gave as much help as possible. They came to visit last week and they were really nice people. I saw how much they loved and cared for Jace, even though they just adopted him. I got to know them and they actually accepted me and I could see that they were really sincere about it. I couldn't thank them enough for taking care of my brother. Jace also told them about my relationship with Jake and they were more than happy that it was him.

Speaking of Jake, they met during their freshman year in high school and their friendship started there. Since they were both heirs of their family's empires they obviously got the same course and eventually went to the same college.

Jake and I have been going out a lot now. Of course he still has work, so I would sometimes visit him in his office. He would sometimes stay at Jace's apartment and hang out with us. We sometimes hang out in his house, he's apparently staying there for now since his apartment's apparently being renovated.

Well, our relationship's been going great. Of course Jace being his best friend and my older brother, he's actually glad that I'm dating Jake because he knows he can trust him with me. Being an older brother though, he gets kinda protective, which Jake and I actually find funny.

Jake told his parents about it and they were more than shocked. They even offered to make their lawyer and people help, but Jace told them politely that he has it handled and didn't want to bother them in any way.

For the past two weeks a lot has changed. Including my appearance. Since Jake told his parents about it, Jamie made me go with her to get a make over to celebrate a changed woman, those were words, or along those lines. My light brown, usually messy, wavy hair was cut. Now from my belly button it lands below my bust. It's still wavy but actually looks good.

She upgraded my wardrobe too. My old worn out jeans were replaced with new designer jeans, leggings, skirts, and a few dress pants. My old worn out jackets and hoodies were replaced with branded coats and jackets that raged from denim, to cotton, to leather. Basically everything I own that Jamie thought I wouldn't need anymore was donated to an orphanage and upgraded with branded clothes, shoes and accessories, most of it from her fashion line.

I already knew how to put make up on from my college years and how to fix my hair, so it wasn't a problem.

She taught me how to dress and mix and match my clothes and what was appropriate to wear to an occasion or event. Since I'm part of high society now, I apparently need to look the part as well.

She even said that looking the part was also part of getting back at Marian, it showed her that I that I'm a lot stronger and confident than I am before.