CLINT BARTON || Seeecrets

As you lifted the coffee cup to your lips, you felt a tug on your sleeve. You looked down to see Aspyn staring up at you with wide eyes.

"Hello sweetheart!" You cooed, picking her up into your lap. Clint's face lit up at the interaction; his niece conversing with his youngest daughter. She smiled at you briefly, before making her face as serious as she could.

"I needa tell you a secret." She not so subtly whispered. You gasped.

"Really?" You said, mouth agape. Aspyn nodded avidly. "Ok, whisper it in my ear."

The little girl leant in close to your ear, quietly sharing her secret.  "I broke one of daddy's pointy sticks."

On the inside, you laughed. She must have snapped the end of one his arrows. You must have let out a chuckle on the outside too, because you got an incredibly disgusted look from the 4 year old. "This is not a laughing time!" She bellowed, turning to her father, "Daddy! Tell her it's not time to laugh."

Clint raised his arms in defence, "I don't know what you told her, As, but I'm sure she shouldn't be laughing. Y/N. Don't laugh." He pointed his chin towards the sky, trying not to laugh himself. He sent you a wink when she turned to face you again.

"Okay, well do you want to go and play so I can finish my coffee?" You asked, lifting the child onto the ground. She shuffled off, and you turned to your uncle.

"Do I want to know what she told you?" He said worriedly. You laughed, taking another sip from your coffee.

"Why don't you just go and check to see how many arrows you have."

WRITTEN BY ELLE