VALKYRIE || pain

You knew then that you were going to die. Your vision was beginning to splotchy. Your head was both dizzy and throbbing. Your body was slowly disintegrating (metaphorically and physically) as your healing powers worked desperately to fix itself. It was painful. But I guess that's just how dying is.

You were stumbling around, just like you usually did after a few drinks. Valkyrie laughed at you at first, watching from a short distance. Her smile soon fell when she saw your skin begin to go pale and tears begin to fall down your face. "Y/N?" She asked, running closer to you.

"Val." You breathed in discomfort, "there's something... wrong I... think I'm dyn... I think I'm dying." You couldn't even from proper sentences without pausing and feeling like your lungs were withering away. In retrospect, they probably were.

"You're not dying it's-" you fell into her arms, your sudden weight nearly taking her off balance. She slowly sat down, cradling your head in her lap. "..all going to be all right." Val finished, running a hand through your hair. "I got you, just breathe for me."

Valkyrie felt pure helplessness as you winced and cried out. She couldn't do anything to rid your pain, because she barely knew what was happening herself. "V-Val." Your voice broke as your hand scrambled for one of hers, "I love you."

That was the last thing you said before disintegrating before Val's own eyes. "What..." She whispered glumly into her lap, confusion and sadness eminent in her tone, "I love you too."

WRITTEN BY ELLE