Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Jason Fox

I've seen this bracelet before. Where have I seen you?

I groaned and closed my eyes clutching the bracelet in my hand and putting it on my forehead as I thought about where I've seen it.

Ever since I saw it during the charity event I've been racking my brain trying to figure out where I've seen it before. I don't know if it's made by a famous brand or something, but I know it's something important.

My phone rang snapping me out of my thoughts. I placed the bracelet down on my desk and grabbed my phone.

Jake's name flashed on the screen.

Huh, I guess he was using his phone's wifi.

I pressed the answer button and put the phone against my ear.

"Jace! Hey, man."

"Hey." I said nonchalantly.

"You okay?" He asked and I could hear the worry in his voice.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah, why?"

"You just sound a little off."

"Really? I guess it's just work and non stop meetings for the pass few days." I said making up an excuse, which wasn't all lies.

Work was killing me because these investors were hard to talk to, other than that this bracelet is draining my brain.

"Oh, okay. Well, anyways, Nina's wondering if you still have her bracelet. The one she showed you during the charity event a few days ago."

Right. I was wondering when she'd look for that. I didn't realize it was in my tux pocket till the next day when the laundry lady returned it to me.

"The silver one with diamonds?"

"Yeah. The one with the Eiffel Tower on it."

"Yeah, it's with me. Sorry man, accidentally stuffed it in my pocket when Victor showed up and the drama happened. I keep forgetting to call cause of distractions at work. I'll be back in a week, I'll give it back to her then."

A week should be enough time for me to think about this.

"Okay, thanks man. I'll see you soon. Bye."

"Sure thing. Bye."

I clicked the end button and placed the phone back on my desk.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. This is giving me a headache.

I have to talk to her about this or it's going to drive me crazy.

I grabbed the bracelet and placed it in the velvet pouch I got to protect it and placed it in my pocket.

I got my phone and car keys and put on my coat.

"Sheila, cancel everything for today. I'm not feeling so good right now." I told my PA as I walked out of my office.

"Yes, sir. Is there anything else Mr. Fox?" She asked using her phone as she followed me to the lobby of the building.

"Uh, just fix my schedule. Reschedule everything that I'm gonna miss today. If it's not that important cancel it or make them call me when I'm back. Anything I need to sign or review bring them to the apartment. You can go work at home if you want. I'll call you if I need anything else." I finished just in time for my dark grey Mercedes to arrive.

"Understood Mr. Fox."

"Alright. Thanks Sheila. I'll text you when I'm coming back." I said and got into my car as the valet closed the door for me.