Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Hey." I greeted Sally as I entered the diner.

"Hello, Nina." she said smiling.

I went behind the counter taking off my jacket and placing it with my bag under the cashier.

I put on my apron and name tag just in time for an order to come up.

"Table 2, Nina." Sally said as I grabbed the tray of food.

"Got it."

I walked over to table 2 where two women were sitting chatting as they read a magazine.

"Here's your cappuccino, strawberry milkshake, burger with fries and a slice of Apple pie." I said placing the food on the table.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Enjoy your meal." I said smiling then turned to leave. I only got to take three steps when one of them called me back.

"Hey, wait."

I turned back to them. "Yes?"

"Isn't this you on the magazine?" she asked pointing at the cover.

"Sorry?" I said squinting to get a better look.

"Oh my God, it is you! You're Nina Henderson! You're the one who's dating Jake Hawkins, the CEO of Hawkins Corporation."

"Uh, uhm..." I stuttered my eyes widening.

"How is it dating a billionaire?"

"A very hot billionaire." They gushed.

Luckily Sally called saving me. "Nina! Order's up."

"Uh, I'm sorry I have to work."

I turned away quickly and walked to Sally who was holding out a magazine. I saw that there was no food to be delivered.

"What is this?" I asked placing down the tray and grabbing the magazine.

My eyes widened as I saw the cover. It was a picture of Jake and I during the charity event. It was when we were on the stairs. Jake's arm was wrapped around my waist and I was smiling shyly looking to the side, to what I guessed was another camera. Jake was looking at me smiling with an emotion in his eyes.

'The Billionaire and his Mystery Girl, the new 'It' Couple'

What the heck?

I opened the magazine and found a lot of pictures and descriptions of us.

I saw the time that he ran after me in the street, the time we ate lunch together. Then there was a picture that we were exiting the cafe and paparazzi was all over us.

The description read, "The first sighting of Jake Hawkins with his mystery girl."

Then there was a picture of me getting into his car, the time we went swimming.

Then there were pictures when we went shopping. When we were entering a store and exiting with shopping bags in our hands.

"Mr. Hawkins, going shopping with his mystery girl. This is an unexpected sight to see..."

Then there were a lot of pictures during the charity event.

"Mystery girl finally named. Mr. Jake Hawkins brings a date to an event after years of going solo...

The woman who has him wrapped around her finger is Nina Henderson, an ordinary girl waitress...

The question everyone's asking is that, how did this ordinary girl get billionaire Jake Hawkins wrapped around her little finger? Especially when Jake's been going solo for a long time...