Chapter 11

Chapter 11

No, no, no. This can't be happening to me. Why is this happening to me? From all the things, why this?

I could feel tears in my eyes as I paced my room in panic.

I heard a knock and the door opened behind me. I turned and I saw a smiling Jake in dark jeans, a dark gray v-neck shirt and black coat.

He called earlier and asked if he could come over. Marian was out of town and Victor had a meeting, so it was safe to make him come.

Once he saw my glassy eyes he quickly came to me, his smile faltering. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked worried.

I sniffed preventing the tears from falling. "Jake, I lost it."

"What? What did you lose?" He said rubbing my arms up and down comfortingly.

"M-my bracelet." I said biting my lip.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "The one your mother gave you?"

It's been three days since our first date. We've been spending a lot if time together. He would occasionally wait for me at work or we would hang out in his house. I've never been to his condo though. He's been getting to know more about me everyday, and vise versa.

I nodded. "Yeah. You know what's worse? I've been missing it for three days and I've only noticed now." I said as I felt a tear fall down my cheek. "That's the last thing my mom gave to me and I lost it."

Yeah, I'm the worst. I only noticed it now, but I've been having a feeling that I've forgotten something and I couldn't put my mind to it, but I finally did.

"Sshh. Sweetie." He said cupping my face and wiping my tears with his thumbs, then hugged me. "It's gonna be okay. Just, think for a second, alright? Where did you last see it?"

I sighed and buried my face in his chest closing my eyes as I hugged him tight and thought about when I last saw it.

After about five seconds I groaned and I felt his chest vibrate and heard him chuckle. I got my arm from his back and brought it to his side and pinched him.

"Ow!" He said jumping a little. "What was that for?"

"It's not funny, you jerk." I grumbled in his chest.

He chuckled again. "Just think, Nina. You can do it." he encouraged.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Where, where, where did I last see it?

My eyes snapped open and a light gasp escaped my lips.

"Jace!" I bursted snapping my head up to Jake who was looking down at me with a confused look.

"What? What about Jace?"

I groaned and face palmed myself. "It's with Jace. He asked if he could see it and I gave it to him. Then Victor came and everything else happened."

"Didn't he give it to you or something?" I asked hopeful.

He shook his head. "No. Jace went to Paris the next day and he's still there...I think."

I got out of his hold and started pacing my room. "Paris? What is he doing there?"

"Nina, Jace owns Fox Industries. He has businesses all over the world. Plus he needs to meet with different investors, business partners and other people all over the world as well." he explained.

"And I thought you studied business management in college." he teased crossing his arms as he smirked at me.

I glared at him. "Shut up, Jacob."