Tattoo Part 2

Scott sat in the chair of the tattoo parlor as Stiles and I looked through the drawings of tattoos. It was almost 10 at night, and he had dragged Stiles and me out of the house to go with him. The tattoo artist was a burly biker looking man with a bald head, a long beard, and tattoos covering his arms. He also wore a pair of spectacles, oddly enough. His name was Repo apparently.

Repo stared at the drawing Scott brought him. It was like an equal sign, but the top bar was thicker than the bottom, and he wanted it to wrap around his bicep. For some reason, he'd been drawing that symbol a lot lately, so I guess he wanted it permanent. I didn't approve.

Repo lowered the drawing and said, "Boy. It's a good thing you drew me a picture." Scott grinned at him and I chuckled, shaking my head. Stiles flipped the page and my hand shot out to stop him from turning another page so I could look at the picture. It looked almost exactly like the Kanima.

I pointed it out to Stiles and we shared a quiet laugh.

"Hey Scott. Sure you don't want something like this?" I asked. Stiles held up the photo and Scott frowned.

"Too soon?" Stiles said, nodding and pursing his lips. He put the portfolio down and we circled around Scott, watching as Repo prepared his tools. "I don't know, man, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent."

"I'm not changing my mind," Scott replied firmly.

"Okay, but why two bands?" Stiles asked.

"I just like it."

"Don't you think your first tattoo should have some meaning?" I said.

"Getting a tattoo means something."

Stiles smiled like Scott missed the point. "I don't think that's what she m-."

"He's right," Repo interrupted with boredom, and Stiles crossed his arms at him. "Tattooing goes back thousands of years. The Tahitian word 'tatua' means 'to leave a mark'. Like a rite of passage."

Scott nodded and said to us, "Yeah, you see? He gets it."

"He's also covered in tattoos, Scott," I replied.

Stiles leaned in to Repo slightly, his arms still crossed and said, "Literally."

Repo ignored Stiles and asked if Scott was ready. Scott cleared his throat nervously and nodded.

"You, uh, ain't got any problems with needles, do ya?"

"Nope," Scott said quickly. Repo turned on the tattoo gun and it buzzed as it touched Scott's skin.

"I tend to get a little squeamish, though, so..." Stiles said, wincing at the gun's contact with Scott's skin as he scratched his jaw. Scott winced in pain while Stiles mumbled something. I heard a dense thud and looked down to see Stiles passed out on the floor.

"He's fine," I said as I looked back to Scott.

After Scott was done and paid for, (and Stiles had woken up) we got into the jeep while Stiles held a cold compress to the back of his head.

"You okay?" Stiles asked as Scott hissed.

"It kind of burns." Scott stared at the white bandage wrapped around his arm with a confused expression.

"Well, you just had your skin stabbed about 100,000 times so..." I mumbled.

"Yeah, but I don't think it's supposed to feel like this." Scott said as Stiles put down the ice pack with a sigh. Scott jerked in his seat like he'd been stabbed and groaned. Stiles and I stared at him with confusion. "Oh, god. No, it's definitely not supposed to feel like this. I gotta take this thing off." Scott groaned as he unraveled the wrap.