Wolf Moon Part 5

After dinner and a shower, I curled my hair and put on my favorite jeans. They were tight and hugged me in all the right places. I chose a white sleeveless crop top. It was flowy and stopped just above my belly button. I did a simple nude lip and a cat-eye eyeliner makeup, a personal joke I'd always loved.

After zipping up my short black heeled boots, I looked at the final product in the mirror. I felt worthy of Lydia's clique as I finished with a pair of simple earrings. Who knows, maybe I'd meet someone there. Someone who would make me forget about Stiles.

I heard Stiles pull up and practically ran down the stairs after grabbing my phone and saying goodbye to my parents.

I hopped into his car and waited for him to drive, but he didn't.

"What, did you forget the address?" I joked, laughing and looking over at him. He was staring at me with glazed over eyes and an open mouth. "Stiles?" My voice was a quiet whisper as I watched him watch me.

"Huh?" He finally blinked, looking up at my eyes.

"Do you need the directions?"

"Oh, uh, no." He started to drive, and I smiled to myself. Maybe I could get him after all.

We got to the party in 10 minutes, and the music was so loud I could hear from where we parked. Upon entry, I felt almost claustrophobic at the amount of people in the house. Some were dancing, others making out on the stairwell, and some playing beer pong or just chatting. Even though space was limited, I found myself smiling happily. One week of high school, and I was already at my first party.

I went straight to the back for the open air, and there were a lot of people there, too, dancing, standing, talking. There was a large pool that took up some of the backyard, and people danced around it, but no one was in it. The music thudded loudly in my eardrum.

"Hey, Y/N," Lydia's voice said behind me. I turned as she put a hand on my shoulder. "Love that top. Where'd you get it?"

"Hey, Lydia. I don't really remember." I smiled at her. "This is a great party."

"Thanks, I know." She smiled and ran her hand through her hair confidently.

"Hey, Lydia," Stiles said, waving dorkily at her. She looked at him, furrowed her eyebrows like she was confused, then walked off. Stiles pursed his lips and clenched his hand into a fist while I pinched my lips between my teeth to keep from laughing. "One of these days, Y/N. One of these days, I'm gunna get her to talk to me."

"Healthy," I mumbled. "I'm gunna go dance."

On my way to the dance floor, I noticed a dark figure standing over by the corner of the house. The outline reminded me of Derek, so I squinted to try and see better. It was him. And he was staring at me. I flashed my cat eyes at him, just to tick him off, and he smirked. Instead of dancing, I went back inside where I wouldn't be tormented by the smell of Derek's wolf stench and his ungodly good looks. Inside smelled like sweat though, so it wasn't much of a step up.

I watched the beer pong table. Four guys drunkenly threw ping pong balls at the other end's red cups of beer. They sucked, but apparently one group kept winning against everyone. I smirked as the round finished.

"I'll play," I said when they asked for another team. The boys stared at me like I was joking and I crossed my arms.

"Okay. I don't mind an easy win," the guy said. He was definitely older, maybe a junior. He had black hair and a speckling of dark hair covering his jaw.