Code Breaker Part 1

I ran outside when I heard the sounds of an ambulance to see Jackson carrying back Lydia. She was covered in blood and unconscious. And while I was concerned, my first thought was 'where's Stiles?'.

"Stiles?" I called, walking through the crowd. So far, I hadn't seen him outside, so I went back into the gym to check. "Stiles?!" There was only a small group of people in there, the rest had gone out to see what was going on.

And Stiles wasn't in that small group of people.

My panic began to rise exponentially as I started running down the halls, calling his name. I even went so far as to check the bathrooms and locker room, but I couldn't find him anywhere. And I was near tears.

I ran back outside to look again, but none of the faces in the crowd were his, and there were too many smells for me to be able to decipher his scent out. I tried listening, but every voice I heard wasn't his. I pulled my phone out of my purse and dialed his number. It rang six times, then went to voicemail.

"Stiles, please call me back. Something happened to Lydia, and I need to know you're okay." I hung up and called again. Voicemail. "Stiles! Answer your phone! You're scaring me." I hung up, and called yet again. It went straight to voicemail, which meant he was angry at me for calling or someone else had his phone.

By this point I was running out to the parking lot. Stiles' jeep was still there, and if he was here, I would've heard him. Which led me to conclude that he was hurt or taken. Tears started streaming down my face in absolute fear. Why had I let myself get distracted enough to not notice when Stiles was gone?

I heard Scott's howl rip through the atmosphere. I flinched at the volume and looked around, but no one seemed to be able to hear it but me. I knew exactly where Scott was, though I didn't know how. Then I heard someone howl back, and I knew it was Derek. I didn't know how I knew any of this, or why I was able to hear a pack call, and it was an issue I couldn't focus on right now.

If I were Stiles, where would I go? Easy, wherever Lydia was. Or at least that's where I'd end up anyway. And where was Lydia? The hospital. I tore off my shoes and held them in my hand as I ran faster than I ever have before to the Beacon Hills Hospital. It seemed like it took me mere minutes to get there, and felt like taking the elevator up to where Lydia was took longer than me actually getting there.

The doors opened and the first thing I saw was Jackson, and I saw red. I needed someone to blame for the dried tears staining my face. He turned at the sound of me walking to him and his eyes went wide with fear as I lifted him up against the wall by his shirt.

"Where is Stiles?!" I growled. I felt like I wasn't even in control of my own body, like I was watching this happen to someone else instead of doing it. Jackson shook nervously.

"I-I-I don't know! I don't know!"

"Tell me where he is!" I demanded, my control was slipping. I knew this because Jackson's face went blank and he leaned in slightly.

"What are you?" he asked. I looked in my reflection, seeing my eyes were slitted eyes. I shook out my head, like shaking off water, and when I opened my eyes, they were back to normal.

"Please. Just," I slowly brought him down, letting him stand on his feet. "Where's Stiles?" Tears welled up in my eyes again when he shrugged.

"I don't know. All I know is I got a call from him saying Lydia was dying on the lacrosse field and when I got there he was gone," Jackson replied.

My breaths were short pants as I looked in the window at Lydia. Her arms were completely covered in bruises, and an oxygen mask covered most of her face. She was unconscious still, and she looked awful. Well, awful for her. I looked back to Jackson, realizing I was still gripping his shirt in my fists.