Illuminated Part 2

The school was completely blacked out, yet the show had to go on apparently. I leaned back against the lockers as Stiles rummaged through his. I watched Coach walk down the hall, yelling through his bullhorn.

"Class starts in five minutes. Just because there's no power, don't expect there to be no school!" he yelled as he passed us.

Stiles smiled and said with a wink, "Hey, that was a triple negative. Very impressive, Coach."

"Copy that," Coach mumbled through the horn. I giggled and shook my head as Stiles nodded once. As he dragged a textbook out, his keys fell from his locker. I grabbed them before they could hit the ground and held them out to him by the key ring. He stared at it with confusion.

"What?" I asked. He grabbed a specific key, holding it up.

"Where'd this come from?" he asked. I shrugged then squinted at another key in the batch. "What?"

"Is that a key to my house?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. I stole your key and made a copy."

"How did you even-? Oh, no," I muttered as I saw Scott walk into the doors over Stiles' shoulder. He stopped for a second as he noticed me, then he smiled knowingly. I flushed a deep red as Stiles waved dorkily at him, oblivious to my discomfort.

Thankfully, it didn't last long because his eyes flicked to Kira behind me. When she turned her back to him, he frowned and tried to run to her. Stiles reached out to stop him.

"I need to talk to her," Scott tried.

"No, you don't. You need to remember someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her," Stiles said as Kira tried to hide herself with her locker door.

"Which is why I need to talk to her," Scott replied.

"Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's just gunna start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction," Stiles said.

"Okay, what I was going to say was someone left a message telling Barrow to kill her. She's probably got a lot on her mind right now. She's scared and probably confused, and you just need to give her a little bit of time to sort out her thoughts, okay?" I added.

"And until we figure out if she's a killer."

"Stiles, come on. Look at her. Does anything about her scream killer to you?" I gestured to her and she looked over her shoulder at us three before bowing her head and walking away.

"What if she's like me?" Scott asked.

"That girl walked through 1.21 jigawatts of electricity. She's not like you," Stiles responded. Okay, so she wasn't a werewolf. Or probably a were-anything, considering most Weres are not electricity-resistant. But she was something. And what if she didn't even know she was something until that something popped out to save her life?

Scott walked away and Stiles looked at the new key again with confusion.

"Why do you have a key to my house?" I asked.

"I got tired of you making me go through your window. Okay?" Stiles grumbled, his arms flailing as he pointed to himself. "It's not easy for me, Y/N."

"I'm just surprised it took you this long," I joked, giggling at the sight of him. He frowned and narrowed his eyes at me, but took my hand anyway and walked me to class. My adorable little klepto.

--------------------------

Danny was throwing a black-light party at Derek's (unbeknownst to him), and I was dying to go. Stiles didn't want to, but I thought it would be a fun night to not think about our supernatural problems.