Motel California Part 1

The moment I stepped off the bus and looked up at the motel we were staying at, I instantly had a bad feeling. I mean, it wasn't even one of the nicer motels. You guessed it, Coach is very, very cheap.

I looked over to Stiles to see if he thought the same thing I did. We couldn't possibly be sleeping in this dump, right? His face was pinched together in disgust.

"I've seen worse," Scott said.

"Where, Scott? Where the heck is worse?" I replied. "Actually, please don't answer that."

Coach blew his whistle to get out attentions. "Okay, listen up. The meet's been pushed to tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates such as yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely." As everyone grabbed a key, he yelled, "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

I quietly slipped into Scott and Stiles' room—room 213—when Coach wasn't looking. He wouldn't check; he's too lazy. This wasn't the first time we all shared a room, and it probably wouldn't be the last. Just because Stiles and I were together now didn't change that. Scott fell back onto one bed while Stiles' and I fell back onto the other.

"Alright, so I have four," Stiles said instantly.

"Four? You have four suspects?" Scott replied, impressed and surprised.

"Yeah. It was originally ten. Well, nine technically, I guess. I had Derek on there twice," Stiles replied. I snorted, smiling up at my boyfriend. I don't think I'd ever get used to the sight.

"So, who's number one? Harris?" I asked, rolling over to lay on his chest and look up at him.

"Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead," Stiles said, his hand falling to rest on my back.

"So if he's not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices," Scott mumbled like he didn't actually believe it. Stiles squinted, his other hand holding onto mine.

"Yeah, I guess that just sounded way better in my head," Stiles sighed.

"Well, what if it's somebody else from the school? Like, remember Matt? We didn't know that he was killing people," I shrugged.

Stiles jerked his head up to narrow his eyes at me. "Um, excuse me?" He gently pushed me off so he could stand and look down at me with his hands on his hips. "I'm sorry, what? I-. Yes, we did. I called that from day one, actually." Stiles smiled sarcastically like I should've known.

"Well, yeah, but we never seriously thought that it was Matt," Scott helped.

Stiles frowned. "I was serious. I was quite serious, actually. Dead serious. No one listened to me."

"Who were the other three?" Scott asked, changing the subject. Good thing, too. I thought I was going to have to calm him down.

"Derek's sister, Cora. No one knows anything about her, and she's Derek's sister," Stiles sighed.

I laughed, pulling my knees to my chest. "You can't just convict her due to relation."

"Okay, well, you know what? It's a very serious relation. Okay, it's Derek. Next, your boss," Stiles continued, pointing at Scott. Scott sat up quickly, his brows furrowing as he looked at Stiles.

"My boss?"

"Yeah, your boss. I don't really like the whole Obi-Wan thing he's got going on, you know? It freaks me out." Neither Scott nor I answered, sharing looks to see if we were both on the same page about that reference. Stiles frowned at us with annoyance. "Oh, my god, have you still not seen Star Wars?"