Echo House Part 3

I blushed as I smiled and looked back at Stiles. He chuckled and pecked the tip of my nose with a kiss, which made me giggle, and I snuggled deeper into his arms. I don't know why, but the way his arm hair tickled the side of my face, and the feel of his chest on my back, his feet mingled with mine, his fingers softly rubbing my hip, all of it made me wish this moment would last forever. I could die happily in that moment, even if I never came back.

Of course, then my mind had to come up with a stupid idea as my eyes locked on the backwards 5 again. I squinted at it and got up, walking towards it. Stiles had said the five meant self, and this was where he was in his dream. What if Void wanted him to find this? To find him?

"Baby?" Stiles asked, following me. "What are you doing?" I stopped in front of the wall, staring at the 5, and Stiles stopped next to me. "What is it?"

I bent down and knocked on the wall, and it echoed back to me. I looked up at Stiles. "Do you hear that? It's hollow."

Stiles seemed to understand what I was getting at because he picked up a long pipe off the ground. I stood and got out of his way as he geared up to swing. The pipe end hit the wall and it splintered inwards, creating a small hole. My face pinched as the smell of rot wafted through the hole.

Every time Stiles swung, the hole got bigger and the stench got stronger. Stiles panted and dropped the rod, staring into the hole at the mummy-type body laying inside. It was wearing a leather jacket, but its hands and face were wrapped in yellowed fabric strips. There was a sword resting against the body, and Stiles stared at the being like he knew exactly who it was.

"This is him. This is who I've been seeing," Stiles said, his light-heartedness from before now gone.

"Void?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Uh, yeah. Why do you call him Void?"

"It's what he told me to call him," I replied with a small shrug. Stiles apparently didn't know about Void's fascination with me and I hoped to keep it that way. Stiles' eyes blinked with sadness and I pursed my lips. I shouldn't have told him that.

To get off the topic, I reached my hand in. It looked like something was in the breast pocket on his jacket, so I popped the button and slid my fingers in. It was an old, brown photo. I held it out to Stiles without looking.

"Recognize them?" I asked, handing him the photo before reaching back in the hole. He stood, staring at the picture, so I stood, too, looking over his shoulder.

"One of them. We gotta get this to Scott," Stiles said. I peered at the picture, and for some reason I thought I was seeing Kira. Wait, no, that was Kira. Wasn't it?

Stiles started convulsing and bumped into the wall, and I screamed in surprise. There was a guy standing there with a taser. He didn't look like one of the orderlies. In fact, he looked like a patient.

Stiles sat with his back to the wall, trying to recover from the shock as I hissed at the guy.

"You took Brunski's keys," he said, biting his lips like a crazy person. "I took his stun gun." I lurched at him, but he shoved the stun gun into my stomach. I slid down the wall as the shock flowed through me. I felt like every nerve was vibrating and screaming. I couldn't even move my hand as I watched the guy bend down in front of me with a needle.

"I also got his Haldol," he said.

"Don't touch her, Oliver!" Stiles forced out. Oliver stabbed the needle into my thigh and plunged in the sedative, and I instantly felt my eyes fall closed. No matter how hard I tried to stay awake, the Haldol wouldn't let me.