Chaos Rising Part 1

For the third time, I complained, "Why did I even have to come? You could've gone without me."

"Because we need a night to relax," Stiles repeated for the fourth time. We were all dressed up to go to some girl's birthday party that I didn't even know from elementary school. I walked between Scott and Stiles, pouting about having to come out tonight.

"We barely even know this girl," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"It does seem a little weird that we're going to another high school's party," Scott agreed as we walked down the sidewalk.

"What? Would you-. Oh, my god. Ugh, just one drink," Stiles groaned. "You'll both be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce you to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison." Scott looked at a photo of Allison on his phone. "Tonight, you're moving on."

"You're right," Scott said, putting his phone away.

"That's right, I'm right. Onward and upward," Stiles said, stopping to look a Scott.

"Let's do this," Scott said, a little more pumped.

"That's what I'm talking about. No-look me," Stiles said, raising his other hand. Scott high-fived him without looking, then Stiles turned and they high-fived low. I chuckled and followed them to the front door.

"How's my breath smell?" Scott asked.

"I'm not smelling your breath," Stiles replied instantly, swiping his hand through his pushed-back hair.

"Well, do you have any gum?"

"No, no gum. You're fine."

"Can you at least tell me what kind of party this is?" Scott asked only to be answered by the cheerful screams of girls about to take a shot as we walked inside.

"It's a white-girl-wasted kind of party," I said, feeling somewhere between excited and annoyed. One beautiful blonde girl emerged from the group with her cute heels clicking the floor and a blue solo cup in her hand. She grinned when she saw Stiles.

"Stiles! Hi," she said happily. A little too happily, if you know what I mean. I was automatically suspicious.

"Hey! There's the birthday gir-." Stiles was cut off by her smashing her lips to his. Scott's mouth dropped open as he looked over to me. Stiles quickly pushed her away and stepped back towards me. "Heather, meet Y/N, my girlfriend."

Heather's face fell when Stiles grabbed my hand. I bit my lips between my teeth to keep from launching myself at her throat. I wasn't normally jealous—please, I've watched Stiles fawn over Lydia for years—but she kissed him full-frontal, so yeah, I was a little ticked off.

"Happy birthday," I forced myself to say.

"Oh... Um, thanks," she replied. She didn't leave so we all stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. She took a huge gulp of her alcoholic drink and slowly walked away. I watched her approach another guy and whisper in his ear. He quickly looked very excited and she took his hand, leading him to a room.

I suddenly realized exactly why she had invited Stiles here. She wanted to have sex with him. Well, too bad, so sad, he was mine.

"I need a drink," I muttered, stalking into the kitchen. Why was I so angry? He didn't kiss her back, and he pushed her away as fast as he could. I wasn't mad at him, but I wanted to scream into a pillow. I guess what they say is true. The second you're taken, everyone wants you.

I filled up a plastic cup ¾'s of the way with rum then poured just a little bit of coke on top and gulped half of it down. I knew it would have no effect, and this was one of times when I hated that fact.