Frenemy Part 1

I gripped the seat in front of me as Stiles sped down the road to where Derek and Snake-Jackson were.

"Stiles, watch out!" I screamed, and he stomped on the brakes right before we drove over spike strip. Also, in front of us was a fence.

"What do we do now?" Stiles asked. Scott and I crawled out. We jumped over the fence and started running to help save/catch the Kanima before Derek killed Jackson. I was still hurt because of what Stiles said not two hours prior, but I was good at masking my feelings. I've been doing it since I was 13.

The sounds of fighting and growling and screeching filled the air, then the sounds of five gunshots. Then silence. Except for heartbeats of course, otherwise silence.

We got there and Chris Argent was panting on the ground, and the Kanima and Gerard were standing face to face. It almost looked like Gerard was reaching out for it. Strange.

Scott leapt at Jackson, knocking it backwards as I ran to Mr. Argent.

"Are you okay? Are you paralyzed?" I asked.

"No, I'm not," Chris said, grunting as he stood.

"Okay," I said, then ran off after Scott to find Jackson. We ended up near a nightclub named Jungle. A gay men's club. A place in which I did not belong. Yet a place where Jackson was. We peeked around the corner, but didn't see Jackson.

As I turned around, Stiles was right in my face. I leaned back suddenly, startled by his sudden appearance.

"Sorry, I'm sorry," Stiles said. "Did you see where he went?"

"We lost him," Scott said, mentally punishing himself.

"Hey, we'll find him. Don't worry," I said, patting his arm.

"What, you couldn't catch his scent?"

"I don't think he has one," Scott answered.

"Alright, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone," I said obviously, trying hard not to sound too pissed off.

"Ah," Stiles nodded. "That explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." I rolled my eyes at him, mentally telling him to shut up. Scott gave him the same look.

"What? Guys, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense," Stiles said.

"Just help us find it!" Scott said.

"Not 'it'. Jackson," Stiles corrected.

"Yeah, I know. I-I know."

"Okay, but does he know that?" I asked.

"Did anybody else see him back at your house?" Stiles asked.

"I mean... I-I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyways," Scott mumbled.

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?" Stiles questioned.

"Maybe it's like an either-or thing. Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? So, when's the Kanima not the Kanima?" I said.

"When it's Jackson," Stiles said. I nodded and Scott stuck his arm out to me, looking the opposite direction. I followed his gaze to see Danny walking into the club.

Behind us, Stiles grunted like he was trying to find words. "Guys?" Stiles said. We turned to look, and he was staring up at the roof. I walked out so I could look up, and of course, Jackson was crawling on the roof, slithering in through a window.