Alpha Pact Part 3

I groaned, rolling my eyes in a way that he would most certainly see as Stiles sighed.

"Jesus Christ," I muttered while McCall walked to us.

"Alright, Lydia. Go to Derek. He and Peter, they've been there before so they'll know where it is. Tell them it's the root cellar, okay? They'll know," Stiles said quickly and quietly to Lydia. She nodded to both of us then rushed off before McCall got to us.

"Did you know your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?" McCall asked. Stiles cocked his head.

"No, what does that mean?"

"It means he's officially missing. Answer some questions for me." McCall led Stiles and I into an empty classroom, shutting the door behind us. I sighed with frustration. We should be trying to save lives instead of doing some stupid ask-and-ye-won't-receive bullcrap. Every answer we gave was a lie, and we did our best to evade most questions.

Eventually, McCall sighed. "Why do I get the feeling you know something that could help us find your parents?"

I exhaled frustratedly, "If we did, why would we not tell you?"

"If it meant helping your dads, why wouldn't you?"

Stiles, who was sitting on top of a desk, lifted his head to say, "So you're asking me to tell you what I wouldn't not tell you?" Stiles' lips were set in a thin line as I squinted slightly with confusion.

"First, I have no idea what you just said. Second, how about you just help me help you?"

"Well, I don't know how to help you help me tell you something that would help you if I don't know it," Stiles said, going in circles yet again, as this entire pointless conversation had gone. I nodded, agreeing with Stiles, and McCall glared at us silently as we watched him.

"Are you two doing this on purpose?" he asked.

"Look, we don't know anything, okay? So can we just go?" I said, which was almost instantly disregarded by McCall.

"Where are your other friends?" he asked, looking around like they'd come flying through the windows saying, 'who, me?'

"You mean Scott?" Stiles said, both of us pursing our lips at the terrible father.

"I mean Scott." McCall flipped through his little notepad for emphasis. "I mean Isaac Lahey, I mean Allison Argent, these twins Ethan and Aiden. I've been told your whole little clique didn't show up at school today."

"We don't have a clique," Stiles grumbled.

"Stiles, come on. There's been a pretty disturbing amount of violent activity in this county in the last few months, several murders tied to this school. I don't know what's going on here, but it's serious." Stiles and I looked at each other, mentally telling each other how pointless and irritating this was. "And-... Hey. Look at me." We slid our eyes to him to see his serious expression. "Your dads are missing."

He waited, like that was supposed to make us talk, but instead I stared at him while Stiles hung his head. McCall sighed and stood, adjusting his suit jacket.

"Fine. But I don't want you going home alone, Stiles. You have someone you can stay with tonight?" Funny, it almost sounded like he cared.

"He's staying with me and my mom," I answered, locking my fingers with Stiles'. McCall nodded and left, and we looked up to see Deaton standing in the doorway.

"Come with me," he said.

-------------------------

Allison paced the floor, Isaac leaned against a wall behind Stiles, Lydia chewed on her nails while standing by the slab, Deaton walked into the doorway, and Stiles leaned down against the slab, relaying what we knew about the telluric currents. I stood on the opposite end of the slab as Stiles, listening, nodding, and inputting when necessary.