Lily's tears

It was late afternoon when Gabriel and Zina returned to Brodie castle, and as soon as they jumped off their stallions, they both went their separate ways. Gabriel marched all the way to where Christopher was training, and he said, "I'm taking Zina with me to my island, we need alone time, and I thought it a good idea to spend a few days at my beach house."

"Go ahead and take her, but know that I'll be watching you. There better be a smile on her when you return her!" He threatened, but he already knew that they will find love again at the beach house, and he cracked a smile, and watched as Gabriel looked around the courtyard for Zina's return.

"Hello mister," Lily said, holding back from throwing herself on her father.

Gabriel looked down, and saw Lily, "Hello." He said, and threw her a smile.

Lily waited, hoping against hope that he would recognize her, but Gabriel showed no signs of recognition.

"Will you dine with us today sir?" She asked with trembling lips.

Gabriel found her to be annoying, and he paid no heed to her, as he searched the courtyard for Zina.

Lily was heartbroken that her father was not attentive, she was warned of her fathers sickness, but she thought that he would recognize his own daughter.

"Mister," she said, and Gabriel looked down at her again. "Can you please stay for dinner?"

She wanted desperately to spend some time with hiim.

Gabriel dropped to one knee, in front of her, "what is your name?" He asked in a gentle tone.

"My name is Lily," she said, doing everything she could to hold off the tears that threatened to spill.

"Lily, mayhap I will stay and dine with you, and your family, would you like that?" He asked, wondering to himself why this beautiful child had an effect on him.

Lily's smiled from ear to ear, excited that her daddy will dine with them, "Yes, I would love that!" She said happily.

At that moment, Zina found her way to them, and she choked back a sob, when she found Gabriel talking to their daughter. She knew that it was hard for Lily to watch her father acting as if he was a stranger.

Gabriel lifted himself up, and smiled at Zina with a knowing smile. Zina blushed and looked away. Christopher sighed, he knew that soon things will be back to normal.

As they all walked inside castle Brodie, Lily walked next to her father, and slipped her little hand inside his huge one, and for some reason, unbeknown to Gabriel, he felt compelled to hold her hand all the way to the dinning area.

Everyone ate in silence, not knowing what to say, it was weird to have Gabriel eat with them, knowing that he did not remember anything about his wife and child. Lily could not take her eyes off him. It was bittersweet for everyone to watch Gabriel be cool and collective, toward his wife and child, when his family was once his life.

After dinner, Gabriel stood, thanked the family for the meal, and made eye contact with Zina.

"It's time to go now Zina, I want to be at the beach house before the sun sets." He said, in a deep and rich voice.

Zina stood and walked around the table to where Lily sat, and she hugged her child, and whispered how much she loved her, and walked over to Gabriel. Lily waited for her father to say to her words of endearment, but he took her mother's hand and walked away without saying a another word. Lily placed her head on the table and wept. She could not bear watching her father walk away from her as if she was not his little girl anymore. Mary ran to her side to comfort her, but Lily was already sobbing uncontrollably.

Zina turned her heart to stone, not able to watch her little girl cry anymore, and she hurried out of the castle, and Gabriel who was waiting for her, wrapped his arms around her waist and zapped them to the beach house.

As soon as they found themselves inside the beach house, Gabriel grabbed Zina, and pulled her to the bedroom, and said gruffly, "take my kilt off me, and kneel before me, it's time for your first lesson." He said

Thank you for your support. Xoxxoxxoxoxxoxo