Ronan's pain

The whole week I threw myself in my work at the warehouse, and tried not to think about Abbey. It wasn't easy, especially since my heart already claimed her mine. I was obsessed with her, and could not concentrate on anything else, which would explain why I was surprised to get a calling from Mary.

Right away I transported myself to Scotland and saw my family in tears. What could have happened that they would all cry openly like this? And why isn't father here I wondered?

Mary was the first to step up and give me a hug, her tears glided down her beautiful face and I was speechless.

"Mary what happened, why is everyone upset?" I asked, immediately feeling the state of depression everyone in the room felt.

"Ronan, where were you? I called out to you for days and you did not respond!" She said, choking back a sob.

Feared gripped my heart and I narrowed my eyes and asked roughly, "Where's father?" And I looked around and witnessed everyone looking down at their feet. I knew something horrible has happened and my heart pumped wildly as I waited to be told.

"Death claimed Bella, and your father did not handle it well, and took out his anger on the spiritual realm, and they took him and cocooned him until he heals." Mary was quick to answer.

I stood before them baffled at what they just told me, not believing my ears. So the Masters went ahead according to plan and punished my father, by removing his soulmate from his life.

I can't even imagine how much pain my father was in.

"I wasn't here to give my support to my father!" I said, and guilt claimed me and my tears glided down my face without shame.

"Had you been here Ronan, there was nothing you could have done for him anyway, we tried and he would not listen to reason." Colin said.

"So what happens now to my father, and where is Bella buried?" I asked.

"Your father is in the spiritual realm, cocooned and healing. Bella's body was placed in a glass box, it was your fathers wish, and it is set in the gardens, but soon we have to move the glass box somewhere else. Your father spooled magic over Bella and her body will remain preserved." Mary said. "Would you like to visit Bella and pay your respects?"

"Of course." I said, and I followed my family to the gardens.

I saw the glass box as we entered the gardens. Everyone stayed back while I walked up to Bella, and had a few private moments with her. I remembered when I had first met her, and I tortured her. My heart was heavy with grief. We became friends, her and I, and I shall never forget the good times I had with her in New York City. I dropped to my knees and placed my head on the glass box, closed my eyes, and prayed for her soul.

Suddenly a vision flashed in my minds eye, it was Elizabeth my grandmother.

"Ronan, my dear grandson, don't cry. What is done is done! When your father wakes up, he will find a way to bring Bella back. Abbey is your life now, you must make things right between the two of you, she is your soulmate, go claim her yours!, and always remember that I love you!" She said, and she blew me a kiss before she disappeared.

I can't believe my grandmother just talked to me! And what a beautiful lady she was. So it is true, the spirits watch our every move. Grandma is right, I must get back to New York City and claim Abbey mine!

I lifted my body to a standing position, and glanced one more time at Bella. "Till next time my friend." I told her, and turned and walked away in tears.

My extended family waited for me on the outskirts of the gardens, and they each gave me a hug.

"Ronan what are your plans now?" My great grandfather James asked.

"I'm returning to New York, I have some business to take care of, but I will visit again soon." I told him as soon as I noticed the disappointment in his eyes when I mentioned I am leaving.

"No Ronan,you must not return anytime soon, your mother will find out and come after you. It is dangerous for her to find you. She is very angry with you now, but as long as you are not in this era, she can't touch you." Mary said in a desperate tone of voice.

"Why does my mother want to hurt me, doesn't make sense to me." I said.

"Your mother is not your mother in the real sense. She is a monster and does not carry the motherly instincts. She is not capable of having feelings for you because her heart is harden by nature. Her instincts tell her to kill if she feels threatened, or if one does not obey her. Therefore you are in extreme danger while you visit us, but she can not harm you in the twenty first century, because she doesn't have the power to come there." Mary said. "Go back to New York, and we will come visit you soon." She said, and everyone gathered around me to say goodbye.

It was a bittersweet moment. We all hugged and cried, and promised to meet again as soon as possible. I zapped myself back to New York City and found myself in the foyer of Abbeys building. I walked to the elevator and smiled, I am going to tell Abbey everything, and I will not leave her apartment until she forgives me, and then I will make love to her all night long.

AUTHORS NOTE: thanks for all your votes and comments. Xoxoxo xoxoxo