Wedding feast

Leave it to Mary to convince us to have a wedding feast with hundreds of guests. I wrapped my kilt around my tapered waist with trembling hands, and tried to ignore my pounding heart that was beating wildly from all the excitement, and I noticed that my kilt was on backwards.

Oh what a night this was going to be, I thought, as I turned my kilt around. I have rehearsed my vows a hundred times, to make sure that I don't mess up, but why do I have to say the same sacred vows that all the other Druids say? Mayhap I can speak from my heart and use my own words.

The sun was getting ready to set, and soon it will be time for the wedding to begin. I calmed my beating heart, and walked over to the window and saw the guests arriving. Mary has outdone herself tonight. There were flowers everywhere decorating the courtyard, and torches were already lit to light the way. I counted twenty five lambs on spits cooking and there were many barrels of wine lined up on the side of the castle as the servants prepared to pour everyone a drink.

Their was a knock on the door before it opened and my grandfather and uncles walked in. They were all wearing smiles on their handsome faces as they came up to me and patted me on my back.

"We didn't even have time to throw you a bachelor party Ronan!" Colin said, with laughter in his eyes.

"So what, we can throw him one after the wedding, we can all go to New York and have some fun." Brendan said.

"I don't think Abbey would like that, I think I'll just stay home with my wife, but please feel free to go out on my behalf and have some fun." I told them.

They all looked at each other quietly, and smiled.

"Now that's what I call love! When a man chooses to stay home with his old lady and not go out with the boys!" James couldn't help but say.

I rolled my eyes at them. I would choose Abbey any day over a night out with the guys. I am planning on having "making love all night long" nights with my wife. That sounded more exciting than anything else they had in mind.

The harp started to play softly outside and I looked at my family and said nervously, "it's time, let's go boys." And i walked around them and was the first one to exit the room.

AUTHORS NOTE: thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo