I need to know the truth

Mary rolled her eyes, walked past me, and found her place next to Colin. I did not miss her attitude, nor her cold shoulders, and I wondered if that was one of the reasons my uncle has not married her yet. They have been together for hundreds of years, yet they have not consummated their relationship yet, nor have they ever talked about marriage. Something doesn't seem right, and why haven't I or any other family member caught this before now, I wondered.

Mary seems cold as a fish! I wonder if my brother feels that he has to marry her, but deep down doesn't want to. Mary says she is his soulmate, but no one has actually seen it in the Emerald tablets. We just took her word for it. About the time she entered into our lives, the books went missing.

"Why would the Fay take Abbey away from you?" James asked.

"Because she drowned while Ronan slept, and he saved her life!" Mary said, and everyone turned and looked at me, waiting for me to deny her words.

Abbey drowned? My heart double up with pain. Placing my hand on my heart to steady it's pounding against my chest, I asked hoarsely, "Mary did you see this in your vision?"

"Yes I did! It is your fault that she drowned! You fell asleep, leaving her defenseless, and she drowned! Good thing the Fay was there and brought her back to life! Now he owns her, according to Fay laws, because he gave her life." She said, and I saw a glint in her eyes, as if it pleased her that Abbey was not here anymore.

"Are you saying that she now belongs to him? I will never allow that to happen, I am going to go and take her back, she is my wife!" I roared.

"Ronan, just how do you expect to take her back, you have no powers in Fay land!" Tristen said.

"And even if you did have powers, she wouldn't come back with you, she doesn't know you anymore. When she died, all her memory died with her. When Gabriel brought her back to life, she came back with a clean slate." Mary said, and I thought I detected a hint of a smile on her lips.

"When she sees me, she will remember me!" I growled, "she is my soulmate and she will know who I am!"

I could not stay another minute in this room. I marched out of there, and headed down the long corridor, and out the back door. My heart pounded against my chest as I ran across the back courtyard and found myself in the gardens. I kept running until I reached the other side of it, where the river was.

Dropping to my knees, I placed my face in my huge calloused hands and cried. What happened to my life, I thought. Why am I being punished in such a way? Why haven't the Masters helped me? I am the son of Christopher, doesn't that mean anything to them?

"Why have you forsaken me?" I yelled, and I slammed my fist on my muscled chest, "why have you not reached out and help me? Bring back my wife! I love her, my life means nothing to me without her!"

************

The Twelve Council watched as Ronan fell to the ground and cried. They wanted to help him, but he had to pass the test first. Only then will he win his wife back, but until then, they knew many more tears would be shed. They sat back in their chairs quietly and waited to see what he would do next.

AUTHORS NOTE: thank you all for your votes and comments. Xoxoxoxoxoxo