The sacred vows

I waited next to my great grandfather James, for my bride to come down the stairs and out into the courtyard. I swallowed nervously as the harp changed it's tune, indicating that someone signaled that the bride was about to come out of the castle.

Finally, I saw the love of my life walk the path that led her to me. She wore a long Grecian style gown, that was off the shoulders on one side, and had gold trimmings. Her blonde hair was loose as it cascaded down her back. There was a wreath made of white tiny roses on her head, and she looked like a princess.

She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen! My heart burst with love as she walked up to me. I looked into her sky blue eyes and saw tears in them. I too had tears in my eyes.

James reached out and took my right hand and poked my hand with the dirk, and I watched as my blood dripped, and then James took Abbey's right hand and poked her with the dirk too. Abbey did not even flinch, as the blood dripped from her hand. James quickly took both our hands and tied them together with our clans traditional blue shaded wedding cloth, that has been used for my father's wedding as well.

"My warriors, and ladies of the court, I feel privileged once again, to be the one chosen to perform the hand fasting ceremony. It has become a tradition in this family for me to have the honor of joining two souls in Holy matrimony. Abbey I know that you have been through a great deal, but your heart is forgiving, and I have no doubt that Ronan realizes what a treasure you are to forgive him, and accept him to be your husband. Ronan, you have been a handful from the start, and you have put your wife through many trials in her young life, but from here on, you must prove to Abbey that you are worthy of her love!" James said, and there were tears in his eyes as he tightened the cloth, and stepped back, allowing us to say our vows.

My beautiful bride looked me in the eyes and said, "Ronan, when I first met you, I liked you very much. From the beginning it was magical for me. I went through a lot of suffering because of you, but I always new even then, that you loved me. When I fell in love with you, I decided that no matter what, I was never going to leave you. My love for you is unconditional, and everlasting. I give myself to you, without any expectations, or demands. My love for you is pure and simple, it is yours to do as you wish. I promise to love you to all eternity and back Ronan." She said, and I could not control my tears anymore, as they glided down my face.

"I Ronan Alexander Tristan Duff Brodie of Brodie, do declare my love for you in front of everyone here today and most importantly in front of GOD, I promise to love and cherish you, to take care of you, and protect you. I promise to give you all of me, and all I ask Abbey in return is that you give me all of you." I said in a choked up voice, as I released all my tears without holding back.

James stepped in for me because I could not continue in the emotional state that I was in, and he untied the blue shaded cloth and I grabbed both of Abbey's hands, and held them tightly in my own.

James looked around and said, "Please bring the rings forth." And Mary gave the rings to Brendan, and he brought them to James.

James gave the my ring to Abbey, and she took it and said, "Ronan, do you take me as your wife, now and for ever and into eternity, so help you GOD." And her tears glided down her beautiful face.

"Yes Abbey," I said, in a broken voice.

Abbey placed the ring on my finger, and then James gave me the other ring.

"Abbey, heart of my heart, love of my life, do you take me as your husband, now and forever and into eternity, so help you GOD, and please Abbey think about the promise you are about to make, make sure it is what you want." I told her, even though everyone knew, including myself that I would not let her escape marriage to me.