My baby

Have I died and gone to Heaven? I can not believe my ears!

"Are you saying that you never slept with Gabriel?" I asked her.

"I am saying that we never consummated our marriage. But Gabriel claims that we had slept with each other prior to our marriage, and he fathered my baby." She said, and looked in my eyes searching for the truth.

My heart skipped a beat. Could it be possible that he slept with her and she doesn't remember it? I walked up to Abbey, and put my trembling huge hand on her heart, and asked her hoarsely, "what does your heart tell you that the truth is Abbey?"

"I can not say, I'm confused, but I see no reason for the flowers and the animals to lie to me." She said. "I want to believe them Ronan, but I don't remember anything about our life together."

She had no idea the impact her words had on me.

"Then I will find a way to prove to you that I am your husband in every way that counts. I love you Abbey, and I will do what ever it takes to prove to you that we are soul mates." I told her, and I pulled her into my arms and held her tight.

Abbey did not try to break free of my hold on her. She remained in my arms and I almost cried out loud from happiness.

The rest of the day was like a dream come true. I collected an assortment of berries and we had them for dinner. Then Abbey sat quietly as I told her how we met, and fell in love. I saw tears in her eyes, although she did not remember a single thing that I told her, she believed everything I said.

I asked her if she would mind if I placed my hand over her tiny bump, where my baby slept, and she allowed me to touch her. Slowly I placed both my hands on her belly, and caressed it gently and at that moment my baby kicked his mothers stomach, and I could not contain my excitement.

I explained to Abbey all about Druids fast pace pregnancies, and that the child will have special supersonic powers like his father. I still could not believe that she has almost accepted that I am her husband.

"Abbey, Gabriel will not stop looking for you, and once he finds you, he will fight to take you back." I told her, and anger set in the pit of my stomach. "But I will not let him take you, you are my wife and you belong with me!" I told her, in a firm and unwavering tone of voice.

When the orange fireball disappeared from the sky, it was replaced with three giant moons. The moons spun round and round, and glowed like giant diamonds in the night sky. The tiny stars sparkled like glitter, and as we lay on the grass, next to each other and watched the moons spin, I asked Abbey a question that was on my mind all day.

"What are your feelings for me Abbey?" I asked her, and a tight knot formed in my stomach as I waited for her to tell me.

At first she hesitated before she spoke, and then she said softly, "it's too soon for me to know. Please be patient with me, I'm sure the feelings will come back Ronan." She said, and my heart broke in two, that was not was I was expecting to hear.

AUTHORS NOTES: love you all and thanks for your support!!!!! Xoxoxoxoxo