Coming to the rescue

Ariana was in an iron cage, when the warriors got there. She was having a mental breakdown. The witch was not around, and Christopher bent the iron, and Gabriel pulled Ariana out of the cage. They left quickly, and returned to Brodie castle with her.

They appeared in the courtyard, in front of all the warriors, and the ladies of the court. Ariana looked around her fearfully. She knew that she will receive fit punishment for her crime against Lily, Zina will make sure of that.

Everyone circled around her, and wondered what was happening. It isn't everyday that a fairy is thrown on the grounds of Brodie Castle, awaiting trial.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the court, today we are gathered here to prosecute this fairy, who answers to the name of Ariana, and has committed a crime against Princess Lily! An innocent child of God, and Scotland's Crown Jewel!" The court appointed Judge barked, and everyone moved in closer to hear the judgment against her. "She will receive only two lashes, because the law states only two lashes for pregnant criminals!"

Zina pushed her way through the crowd, and found herself face to face with Ariana. "I will be the one to deliver the lashes!" She said out loud, her voice held a dangerous tone, and Ariana shrank back from her.

"Very well, it will be two lashes, and be quick about it, I have an important meeting that I'm late for!" He growled, showing no mercy at all for the fairy who dared to try and kill Scotland's princess.

A giant warrior came forward and handed Zina the leather whip, and there was silence in the courtyard, as they waited for the first strike. Gabriel found his way to Zina, and his eyes pleaded for mercy. Ariana noticed what Gabriel was doing and sighed with relief.

Zina could not believe her eyes, was Gabriel really asking for mercy? Lily is his daughter, and she almost died because of Ariana! Anger set into her heart as she clutched tighter the handle of the whip. Backing away from Gabriel she prepared herself to strike, and slice into the bitches skin, it will be sweet revenge! And she will deal with Gabriel later, oh yeah, he will get his too, he too will pay the price, how dare he plead for mercy for this bitch, she thought angrily.

Ariana noticed the change in Zina's eyes and tensed, knowing that she will not avoid the punishment. Hate twisted in her heart, and she vowed silently to find a way if she makes it through this ordeal, to get rid Zina.

Zina's mouth curved into a cold smile, knowing exactly what Ariana was thinking, but she wasn't going to get away with it, not on this day! Zina was not afraid of Ariana! She lifted her hand in the air, and lashed the leather whip as hard as she could, and it sliced through Arians skin, and Zina watched with satisfaction the blood seep out through her glittering dress.

Gabriel swallowed, as he watched in horror his old flame get whipped, and winced when he heard the crack of the whip slice through the air, his baby's life was at risk, and he wanted this to stop.

Zina was angry out of her mind, and wanted desperately to whip her again, but when she raised her arm in the air to strike again, Gabriel grabbed her hand and stopped her.

There was a huge uproar in the courtyard, as they watched Gabriel prevent the second strike from touching Ariana's body. Zina looked at Gabriel, not believing her eyes. How dare he prevent her from striking Ariana, she thought wildly.

Gabriel eyes pleaded for her to understand his actions, as he grabbed the whip from her with his other hand. Zina tried to reach for the whip, but Gabriel pulled it behind him and barked, "No Zina!"

At that moment, Lily ran into the circle and yelled, "No mommy! My baby sister is in there, and you shall kill her if you strike again!"

Everyone stopped talking when they heard Lily's words, and waited with anticipation to see what will happen next.

"Lily, she tried to feed you to the witch! She didn't care about you, why do you want her to live?" Zina asked.

"Because my sister is in her tummy, and she asked me to help her, that's why!" Lily yelled. "Mommy if you hurt my sister I will never speak to you again, ever!" She said angrily.

"What do you mean she spoke to you?" Zina asked, already knowing that she has lost this fight.

"I heard her, she said she was my sister, and that I should help her live. I love her mommy, and I do not want her to die! If you whip Ariana again, my sister will die, and I will hate you for the rest of my life!" She said, as her tears made their way down her angelic face.

Zina looked at Gabriel, and understood now why he stopped her, but he will pay for his interference! He chose Ariana over her, and she will never forgive him, he cracked the whip twice on her body, and she was pregnant with Lily, he did not stop after the first strike, he gave her two lashes! Now he dares to stop the whipping on one lash!

Zina looked at Gabriel, and their eyes met, and locked. "I hate you!" She hissed, for his ears alone, and she marched away from the circle, and headed straight to her chambers to collect her belongings, and get herself out of this place, as soon as she could.

Thank you for all your votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxxoxo