Out of my mind with madness

When the elevator door opened and I stepped out, I made my way to Abbey's door, and hesitated before I knocked on it. What was I thinking coming here? What in the world will I tell her? That I am a Druid with magical powers and my so called mother is a monster? Or that she is my soulmate and we have to marry each other so our souls can connect and become one? It sounded ridiculous even to me. She will never believe me. My shoulders slumped and I turned and walked back to the elevators.

The elevator door opened and Abbey stood before me with her poodle. My heart pounded thunderously against my chest. How does a mere woman have so much power over me, the mighty warrior?

"Ronan." She said softly, and her blue eyes glittered brightly.

My knees turned to jelly and I was about to drop to the floor. Get a hold of yourself Ronan! A voice said in my ear, say something or she will walk away and you will lose your chance to win her love! Speak now! The voice commanded.

"Abbey." I whispered hoarsely. "I want ....." And I could not get another word out. Sweat formed on my forehead and my hands trembled at my side.

"Are you all right Ronan?" She sounded concerned, and I just stared at her, not saying a single word.

Speak fool, say something, now! The voice said roughly.

"I need to talk to you Abbey, can I come to your apartment and discuss something with you please?" I stammered, and waited for her reply.

Abbey sighed and said reluctantly, "Sure."

And I followed her to her apartment, and waited as she opened the door, and I was right behind her, my nostrils flared taking in the smell of violets that emanated from her long blonde hair.

Dizzy with want for her, I almost grabbed her and threw her to the floor to make sweet love to her. My shaft was throbbing with want for her. I was sure that she was experienced in the ways of being with a man, because she was beautiful and probably had her choice of men. Jealousy squeezed my heart and twisted it, at the thought of her in bed with other men.

I walked in the apartment after her, and went straight in the living room, and sat on the couch, waiting for her to join me. My heart raced at ten thousand miles per hour from fear.

Are you a man or a mouse? Wake up and take control! Show her that you are a worthy warrior, not a chicken without a head! Don't you have balls hanging? Or did you drop them outside? Mocked the voice in my ear.

"Go away!" I growled.

"Excuse me?" Abbey said, from the kitchen.

And I almost fainted from embarrassment.

Abbey walked in the living room and handed me a glass of wine. "Did you say something Ronan?" She asked innocently.

"No I didn't. " I croaked.

"So what then is it that you want to tell me? Last time I was with you, you didn't even want to touch me, and now you are here. What do you want Ronan?" She asked, her voice was a tad louder than usual.

I sighed. This is not an easy task, I'd rather jump off a cliff than sit here and explain to her the truth.

"I need to talk to you about us Abbey." I told her, with trembling lips.

Abbey narrowed her eyes and said sarcastically, "Us, there is no us, last time I checked you didn't want me near you!"

"I guess I deserved that." I said. "You probably think I'm a mad man." I said, more to myself than to her.

"Ronan, can you please tell me what you want?" She said, and I could tell she was getting impatient with me.

I took a deep breath and said, "I can't stop thinking of you Abbey. I want you in my life. I need you."

Abbey raised an eyebrow, and waited for me to continue.

"I have fallen in love with you and I don't think that I can stay away from you anymore. Would you be willing to give me another chance?" I asked her, and I could feel the sweat form on my forehead.

Abbey was quiet, as she looked into my eyes to see if I was telling her the truth. "How do I know that you are sincere? I don't want to put myself in a situation where I will get hurt."

"I promise you Abbey, I will not ever hurt you intentionally." I told her in a hoarse voice.

Abbey was quiet, as she contemplated my words. Then she stood, walked to the window and looked outside.

Minutes passed and she still had her back to me. I jumped up from the couch and walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I dropped my lips on her shoulder and brushed them against her velvety skin.

AUTHORS NOTE: thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxoxo