Ike: Wounded

The picture of Ike belongs to my sister she's agreed to draw the main characters(Ike, Firkle, Ruby, Leo, Fredrick, and Karen) and maybe a cover so those will be up soon too. I'm trying to get as much updated before Tuesday bc school starts then and I'll be super busy x.xThanks for reading it means the world to me! ^.^

AFD

When Ike awoke his mother hysterically cried and buried him in a mama bear hug. It was the most emotion she'd shown him besides anger from Winter Formal.  Between sobs, she explained how long he'd been unconscious and how lucky he was to still be alive. The SWAT team swarmed the coffee shop after the gun went off and paramedics on standby brought Ike to Hell Pass hospital. The teen didn't even remember being shot just that he heard the gun go off then suddenly felt overwhelmed by fatigue. It must've been shock. It was the shock that saved his life.

"We were worried sick, Ike." Kyle put a hand on his shoulder and Ike attempted a smile but cringed at the pain in his right shoulder. 

"Shit, what a crummy way to spend my birthday."

"Oh Zaydeh, with all the commotion I almost forgot your-"

Ike cut her off not wanting to remember his birthday. On the bright side at least now he was thirteen. With that, he asked the only thing on his mind. "When can I go home?" 

The question made Sheila jump. Go home? Didn't he realize how lucky he was to be alive! How he needed to recover? She forced a cheerful smile. Maybe it was because he was eager for his party on the 30th. "Zaydeh, once you're off the saline drip IV you can go home but I don't think-"

"Great! How do I take this thing off?" He fiddled with the IV in his arm and his mom almost screamed. She slapped his hand away and Kyle cringed at his little brother's idiocy.

"You're gonna get it infected! Plus you can't leave without discharge papers and you won't get those till you're off saline so stop being such a brat!" Kyle's scream made Ike cringe. He hated when Kyle screamed especially because he was so nonchalant about practically everything. "Look, Ike, I get it but you need rest. The bullet wound is bandaged up but if you move too much you might make it worse and your stay here will increase. Trust me, pal, none of us want to be here."

Ike winced at the statement and looked down at his hands defeated. Kyle's smug look slowly diminished as he realized the offense. "No! I mean I love being here for you! It's just-"

"Stop. Is my cellphone alright?" Kyle sighed and handed him his iPhone. No matter what his IQ was Ike was still just a typical teenager. 

Ike was about to turn on his iPhone when someone knocked at the door. "Hellloooo! Can I come in?" She sang. Kyle forced a smile as Ike cringed in disbelief.

"Come on in!" Kyle screamed. In seconds the strawberry blond Flora appeared with a basket of cookies. She smiled at Mrs. Broflovski and grabbed her hands.

"It is SO nice to see you again! It's been too long! Do you remember me, I'm Flora? I offered to sing at Gerald's funeral?" Her face went from a confused smile to a twitchy frown in seconds.

"Yes, of course. Sorry again about refusing your offer..." It was the only thing she could think to say. With that Flora looked to Ike.

"OH MY GOD!" Ike cringed at her high pitched voice. In the hospital where the only sounds were beeping low chit-chat from visitors and doctors, and the occasional patient strolling in the halls it seemed like her voice was amplified.

"Hey, Flora." Her smile widened at his low voice, he was sick and all she wanted to do was take care of him. He tapped the bed with his hand motioning for her to sit. Kyle got out of his chair and motioned to Sheila.