Firkle: Fight

Who the hell was this cheesy and literate? It had been two weeks since Firkle started receiving these 'anonymous' letters. It was obvious Ike was writing these, right? Then why didn't Ike just sign his name? It was obviously his awkward humor and his big pretentious mouth spitting out extensive vocabulary always assuming the other person already knew what he was saying. Firkle should have been thrilled that Ike was writing him letters since it meant Ike wanted him back, but he couldn't forgive him like that. Ike was always pulling this shit. He NEVER wanted to talk. Even that day when they broke up, Ike hadn't said more than a couple words. Firkle had hoped Ike would agree with him, that hiding was stupid and conformist or at least give him reasons as to why he wanted to keep it a secret. And when he wanted to get back together, of course, he wouldn't talk face to face with Firkle he'd just write these stupid letters to avoid confrontation. So instead of running back to that asshole, Firkle was going to confront him, force him to talk.

Ike wasn't alone, he was laughing with two girls. One, Firkle knew as Ike's tomboyish friend the other's presence surprised him, Karen. What was she doing here? Karen hadn't talked to Ike before and it seemed like she was trying to avoid Firkle. Could Ike and Karen be... Firkle's jaw clenched. How could Ike so easily move on? Of course, he'd pick a perky conformist like Karen. She reminded Firkle so much of Ms. Stevenson. Perky and cute and both thought they had the faintest clue of how Ike thought. How annoying. He didn't really realize that he was walking over towards Ike until it was too late.

"Oh, hey-" Firkle's fists unclenched as he charged Ike, he slammed him into the lockers roughly. Ruby and Karen stepped back in shock. Students gathered around shouting. FIGHT! Firkle's rage wasn't about to stop. He stared up at Ike, going on his tippy toes to get his face right in his.

"FIGHT!" Ike's nervous glance spread throughout the room as he scanned everyone's faces. Ruby was jumping in joy shouting insults towards Firkle and encouragement towards Ike, which annoyed both of them. Ike wanted to speak, but Firkle's left fist came towards him, calmly he swung his head to the right, dodging the attack. Firkle winced as his fist barreled into the locker with all his force. 

"Firk-" The goth's right arm let go of Ike's shirt and for a second Ike was free, but before he could escape Firkle's left hand pinned him against the lockers again. The goth tried punching Ike with his right fist this time, but again Ike calmly swung his head to the left this time, dodging. Firkle winced at his throbbing knuckles. 

"Firkle, please. People are watching."

"Screw that, what are you doing?" Firkle demanded, Ike's blue eyes dulled at the goth. He was unnerved and his hands were shaky as he tried to keep Ike pinned to the lockers. It didn't help that Ike was so much taller and had more muscle than him.

"Firkle... Please, you're hurt, you look like a mess. Besides, you don't work out on a daily basis like I do. You can only pin me down because of your adrenaline. Your hands are already throbbing and you're shaking... Badly." Ike could tell Firkle didn't want to listen. Ike was a lot stronger than the goth. He wanted to join football this year so he'd worked out all summer and was working out twice as hard now that school started and football season was just around the corner. Firkle wasn't listening Ike had to persuade him, he had to use logic. "Firkle, please. My weight is a lot compared to you can carry. Seriously, it's a lot compared to what you weigh. I can see your white knuckles. They're throbbing and now that your adrenaline is fading you're realizing how hard it is to keep this up. We can settle whatever this is later. I don't want you getting hurt." Those last words seemed to finally make him give in. Firkle's grip released and Ike thought he would leave but ever so quietly Firkle whispered.

"Are you writing me notes?" Ike shook his head slowly and looked over to Karen. Firkle scoffed and pushed him away.

"Just... Don't do it again." He said loud enough for the people around them. There were several disappointing groans from the crowd and once Firkle was gone, they dispersed.

 Karen and Ruby ran towards Ike with concern. They'd never seen Firkle so angry, and honestly, Ike hadn't either. They asked questions (Ruby mostly concerned on why Ike didn't smash Firkle's face in) but Ike made sure to keep his answers short. Karen was always the kind of person to pry when it came to things (so she could concern herself with worrying of course), but she seemed to do it a lot more when talking about Firkle. Ike had hoped that Karen was writing love notes to a boy Ike didn't know but sadly he was wrong. Karen was writing love notes to his ex, and worse, Ike was helping her.