Firkle: Define "Promise"

Kevin McCormick was still alive. Last night Christophe had almost drowned him but the blond boy Gregory was able to resuscitate him back to life after about three hours. Now he was back to his chair, hands tied behind his back tired as always. He had been thinking about Shelly. Her image was driving him even more insane, it was hard to finally admit he wanted to go home. He had lost track of time. How long had he been here? Definitely more than a week. The door opened but this time both Christophe and Gregory came in. The two were arguing as they walked in."What's the point in performing CPR when you could've let me kill him? We'd have one less problem. It would've worked out for us!" Gregory rolled his eyes at Christophe.

"Because Christophe, what if he's some kind of rich kid. If so it would be obvious if he died or we could demand some kind of ransom. We need to know who he is." 

The blond looked said prisoner up and down. Christophe kept his eyes on the blond beside him. "Afternoon, how are we today?" Gregory cooed. Kevin bit his lip, he wasn't going to humor him, he wasn't going to say a word. The cocky prick laughed at Kevin's expression and slowly walked towards him, the brunette tried not to flinch. He was going to find a way out today. Gregory lay a hand on Kevin's head.

"Tell me, you American scum. Do you have a name?" Kevin smiled. They couldn't kill him without knowing who he was. That was good to know. He ducked forward trying to hit Gregory in the head like he had done with Christophe but the blond was smarter. His actions were annoying though.

Pretty boy clutched Kevin's shirt collar bringing him forward. Gregory's  blue eyes pierced Kevin's boring brown ones. "Look, make this easy and I may decide not to kill you. I've already got one teen to kill I don't need two." The brunette moved the spit in his mouth trying to jumble as much mucus as possible into his loogie.

Christophe stepped forward noticing the intent in Kevin's eyes. He put a hand over his mouth. "Swallow. swallow you beetch!" Gregory clicked his tongue dismissively. Christophe looked to the blond annoyed. "let me take care of him, you're too easy on someone who's supposed to be our prisoner." The British boy pushed him away. 

"Christophe I'm going to get my answers. You need to track down the other boy. I've narrowed it down to five addresses in Wisconsin, go check the numbers and homeowners till you find him. Come back to me when you're done." Stubbornly the brunette walked off, Kevin glared at the shovel tied to his scabbard. Christophe hadn't sucessfully used it on him yet, thankfully.

The blond found every movement Kevin made hilarious. To him, Kevin was like a little cockroach he was getting ready to squash under his boot. When Christophe had finally disappeared Gregory's solemn eyes set on Kevin.

"You're not going to make this easy then?" Kevin smiled.

"I've put effort into learning your name, Gregory. Even that jerk Christophe, you could at least learn my name on your own." He chuckled. The blond's face distorted into a sneer. It was the first time he had voluntarily shown Kevin any emotion. Now he had done it. 

Gregory removed the sword from his belt and untied Kevin. He had no idea why after getting so upset, of all things he had chosen to let Kevin free. He tried to make his way to the door but he had been too optimistic. Gregory kicked his knees so he had fallen and held his sword to Kevin's exposed neck.

"Where are you from?" He grunted, Kevin frowned glaring. He was tempted to lean forward and just let the sword pierce his skin. Just one movement, one movement and all this could be over. He contemplated it for a long time but Shelly's face popped into his mind. He missed her. Why the hell did he miss her so much? He needed to get out alive to see her. Only now that his life was on the line did he remember what she had offered him. She wanted to marry him, she was having a successful career, she had put the petty fighting to a stop. She wanted someone like him. Someone as broken and pitiful as Kevin.  He took a deep breath. "come on, what's your name your filthy rat!"