Firkle: Still Hiding

I'm so hyped to write the next couple chapters.

The goth gently pushed him away as they lay on the bed. "I want to try something." He took a much needed deep breath from the make out session they were just having.

"Does it involve sacrificing me to some evil deity?"

"No. I wish that would be a lot less embarrassing than what I want to try."

Ike gave him a confused look and Firkle hated how red his face felt. "I've uh, wanted to try this since I met up with Pete and Mike again." The conformist gave him an amused look.

"Wait, the vampire kid?" Firkle tried not to laugh.

"Yeah. What I want is a little douch ey." Ike brought his body closer to him and laughed knowingly.

"And it's totally gay." Firkle was unamused and sat up.

"You know I could walk out that door right now and your mom would approve. Not because she totally hates me, but because what you said right now." Ike laughed bringing him close to him again.

Firkle's head rested on his shoulder as they laid on Ike's queen-sized bed. To admit that he was afraid to sleep in his room at night was something Ike was still coming to peace with. Why the fuck was his room so big anyway? Why was his house at that matter? Those were questions always on his mind.

"What did you wanna try then? You're stalling. A lot." Firkle mustered up a small smile.

"Close your eyes. And if it hurts don't be a baby." Ike nodded and closed his eyes, his body tensed. Firkle's talk about pain had freaked him out.

He felt a sudden rush of adrenaline as Firkle's thumb brushed against his neck. His touch was electric, it took all his willpower not to open his eyes or squirm.

"Okay, hold still." Firkle took a deep breath and leaned forward, he kissed his skin lightly and Ike's eyes popped open. His mouth was on his skin for about thirty seconds roughly experimenting (having had no prior experience) before Ike pushed away.

"STOP!" The sudden scream made the goth instantly freeze.

"What? Does it hurt that bad?" The conformist jumped out of bed and leaped into the bathroom. Firkle followed.

Ike pressed his fingers gently across the red spot. "Shoot. You think it'll stay?"

"You can just wash off my lipstick, I don't see what the big deal is." Ike deadpanned.

"The hickey Firkle!" Now the goth was annoyed.

"What you're worried about a little-"

"I don't have a girlfriend. If I did the whole school would've known already.." Firkle wasn't making the connection. "Ugh! If I'm single then who gave me this hickey!"

"Calm down you're overreacting. Just say it was Flora."

"There are rumors that I kissed you. I don't know who started it."

"I've got one guess. Starts with an R and rhymes with booby. The tension diffused a bit as Ike laughed and sat on the toilet seat.

"Fillmore says he killed the rumor but..." He looked at his hands again and the goth got annoyed.

"But what?"

"We hang out a lot. I can't be walking around school with a hickey, not while hanging out with you Ruby and Karen who everyone knows have no interest in me. I just don't want to add fuel to a firy rumor." He was pacing back and forth in front of Ike who was sitting down.

"So we can't ever..." The conformist stood up and Firkle expected him to ease his anger by hugging him or holding his hand or something but all he did was walk over to the mirror.

"Yeah, besides it kinda hurt." He was talking into the mirror rather than talking to him which was a pet peeve of Firkle's but he didn't want to push him.

"My capillaries aren't that punctured. Maybe a little ice, rubbing alcohol. Hopefully, it'll be gone in five days. Good thing you stopped when you did."

"Yeah, great." He rolled his eyes. "Firkle's the idiot and Ike's the genius. Yeah, great." He mumbled.

"Is that why we stopped making out in school too?"

"It's not that simple."

"Seems self-explanatory. Ike's afraid of a little rumor. And that fear runs deep. So deep I hardly matter, right?" Ike wanted to respond but there was a scream from downstairs.

"ZAYDEH!" Ike gave him a desperate look.

"Go, it obviously doesn't change shit."

"ZAYDEH! THE PHOTOGRAPHER IS HERE FOR YOUR BAR MITZVAHIN SIX WEEKS!"

Ike was already walking downstairs when Firkle finally processed something. His anger intensified.

Ike was sitting calmly on the couch when Firkle made it downstairs.

"So Mrs. Broflovski, I was thinking a fountain towards the back here," the photographer/choreographer went to work with his mother and Ike really should've been paying attention but the deadly glare he was getting from Firkle told him he needed his primary attention

He turned to him with a dorky smile. "I'll start... I love you..." Firkle's face was red he tried not to blow up in his face.

"You're barely turning thirteen???" Ike winced he had been dreading this day.

"Sh! My mom thinks you're my age. If she knows the truth she'll use it as an excuse so I can never see you again!" Firkle bit his lip.

"You lied to me?"

"It doesn't change anything, right?"

"All this time you LIED TO ME????"

He winced at his anger. "Please don't be mad... My party's going to be epic."

"Then how the hell are you so much taller than me? You sure as hell don't act like you're twelve."

"You're treating me like a child now."

"How are you even in high school?"

"I'm adopted. I'm Canadian, we develop a lot faster during pubescence than normally both physically and mentally. My real parents are probably a lot taller than my adoptive parents. I'm almost as tall as Kyle and still growing."

"And you're in high school? You can't seriously be that smart."

"I'm a genius. I learn a lot quicker. Not to mention my birthday is in December so it's not much of a gap."

"Why didn't you just tell me? What the fuck!"

"If we're speaking technically you're only a year and five months older. I didn't think it was a big deal."

"It's not... It's just... You lied to me."

"You already turned fourteen this year, I turn thirteen who cares."

"I do. My boyfriend of three years has been lying to me every day of our relationship! Do you not get that?"

"No, I get it. It's just, there's no changing the past so let's forget it."

"I promise, there are no more surprises. I'm not lying about anything else, okay?" There was the reassuring voice again, the warmth of his body as he held him so tight. FUCK!

"You better hope so." He scowled.

"Ooh, he's feeling frisky."

"Let me go."

He shook him playfully. "Never in a million years!"