Ruby: The Closet

Ike's hands went south again. "You're fourteen, where the hell did you learn to do that?" He muttered. A small smile enveloped his mouth.

"Sorry, Kyle tends to leave the door open and I grew up with cable." Ike hated the dark, he could barely see what he was doing and clumsily he'd kiss Firkle's nose or cheek, definitely not appealing if he wanted to look confident with the older kid, that always intimidated him, Firkle being about a year older, a year and half if you wanted to get technical.

"Whatever." The goth scoffed. He tried not acting flustered as usual which was especially hard since Michael had driven to school just to give Firkle a packed lunch he'd forgotten and to wish him good luck, fuck he was in high school Michael didn't need to worry anymore! Ike smiled again, when didn't he smile? He rested his hand on his cold cheek and pulled him into a deep kiss, he wasn't sure how much time they had till the bell rang, it didn't help that Firkle was late. He even made up some lie about a conformist blocking his way into the school. He'd say anything not to get some elaborate lecture from Ike. Just when Ike was about to slip his tongue into Firkle's mouth a loud banging came from the door. Immediately the two froze, Ike sighed turning on the light to the janitor's closet.

"IKE BROFLOVSKI!" She yelled, again, BANG BANG BANG. "IKE BROFLOVSKI! YOU COME OUT, RIGHT NOW!" She was kicking the door now. Ike looked helplessly at Firkle.

"I hate your peppy friend; she pisses me off." He said plainly. Ike rubbed his arm awkwardly and motioned for him to hide. He wiped the faint hint of Firkle's lipstick from his lips and watched as Firkle squatted(which was something he HATED) and Ike threw some boxes over him. Ike grabbed a broom and unlocked the door. Immediately a strawberry blond girl swung the door open. Some lingering eyes were trying to discretely watch but failing at the whole discrete part. Ike stepped out.

"IKE!" She squealed. He cringed at her high-pitched voice. She threw her arms around him and all he could think of was how nasty it was that her breasts were pressed up against him. Since when did his best friend have those? When she stepped away from the hug she immediately deadpanned. "Ike, I know you T.A(teacher's assistant) first period this year, but do you have to spend so much time getting that old geyser things. I mean if this keeps going on like this we'll barely have time to talk in the morning!" He tried really hard not to laugh. He didn't really think his little lie would catch on, he'd texted Ruby last night that Mr. Adler the wood-shop teacher insisted that Ike check in with him before school to get things for the first day and set up. Ike showed Ruby the broom, telling her that he had to get it to Mr. Adlers. Ruby puffed out her cheeks but after a deadpan from Ike she knew it was futile, he was worse than Craig when it came to being stubborn.

Ike headed to the woodshop room and Ruby disappeared, the halls were empty, Ike grabbed his phone and sent Firkle a text.

Ike: All clear Roger!

Firkle: Yeah cus I can hear all the fucking chit-chat outside.

Ike: Wow, don't have to be so harsh, I'm just trying to help.

Firkle: Whatever, see you at lunch?

Ike: Uh, Ruby... She wants to eat lunch...

Firkle: So let her eat lunch, it's a free fucking country.

Ike: No, I mean she wants to eat lunch with me.

Firkle: No fucking way? I thought she wanted to eat lunch with ME!

Ike: Your condescending attitude doesn't help my mood.

Firkle: Your big words don't help my brain.

Ike: Well actually research has shown... Never mind you hate when I spit facts at you. Look I'll try to see if we can work something out for lunch. Loading docks?

Firkle: Loading docks.

Ike smiled as he clicked off his phone, he felt special that he had Firkle's phone number. Firkle never gave out his phone number. Even the goths didn't have it. This was mainly because Firkle hated when people used emojis, slang texting, or purposefully misspelled words. Henrietta was a big fan of emojis and for a while Firkle tolerated them, especially since she was a big fan of the knife and face emoji which basically meant 'kill me'. Unfortunately soon she started using all the other stupid ones. Pete hated texting so the extent of his end of the conversation was 'ok' 'sure' 'whatever' he wasn't one to text. Michael used stupid slang and emojis. Henrietta had poisoned him. Fucking, 'ttyl, brb, btw.' 'smh' 'kys'  littered each of her messages Firkle hated it. Because of that he changed his number and  any social media so no one knew but of course, he always kept Ike updated. Anytime someone found him he'd change it again, the goths were pros at finding him but he was even better at remembering to change it. He didn't text anyone, only Ike, the rest of the people knew to get any reply from him they had to call his friends or find him, usually at Village Inn or his house(rarely). Sometimes he even went dark on Ike and Ike would have to call one of the goths which seriously pissed him off because he was clueless on reading situations.