Ike: A Sin

Firkle didn't want the letters, had that meant that Firkle didn't want Karen. Did that mean Ike still had a chance to get him back? No, he was mad solely because he thought Ike was writing those letters, so did that mean, Firkle didn't want Ike back? Fuck... 

It was confusing and not to mention annoying thinking of Firkle and not knowing if the goth had some feelings for Ike, who desperately wanted to feel his arms around him. It was during lunch that he decided to talk to Ruby about it, discreetly of course, who knew how she'd react to him being gay. 

Ruby sat down next to Ike and laid her head on his shoulder. "Hey." She sighed. She closed her eyes and Ike wanted to ask what was wrong but knew he'd get a billion answers a million possibilities and even more a ranting Ruby who was pissed about her life. Most of the time she was happy and cheery and 'mess with me and you die' kind of girl but other times she just broke, her entire act just crumbled with her. Ike decided not to ask, she'd specifically told him never to ask her how her day was when they turned seven in second grade.

Karen McCormick squeezed herself between Ike and Ruby and smiled at Ike. "Okay let's get started for the day, right?" Ike bit his lip. He really didn't want to help Karen shack up his ex. Ruby kept her gaze on the floor and Karen kept her smile.

"Can you actually get Ruby and me some sodas, she's not feeling too good." Karen frowned and looked towards Ruby.

"Aw, but soda? No, what she needs is lemon tea. Maybe sprite... Hm, I'll be back!" She jumped up and started running towards the cafeteria.  Ruby's eyes finally looked up at Ike and she smiled.

"Okay, captain obvious. What is it?" Ike tried not to look suspicious. There was no way Ruby knew anything about Firkle. She hadn't even known him. 

"What do you think of Karen McCormick?" Ruby looked off into the direction that Karen had gone to.

"She's pretty quiet. She's nice, why? Do you like her?" Ike almost jumped at that question.

"NO!" He answered too quickly and too loudly. Ruby smirked.

"Yeah, of course, you don't cus you're gay." Ike turned red but quickly tried justifying his redness of embarrassment for anger.

"What the hell are you talking about! I thought we were friends!" She smiled bigger.

"I saw you a couple times. With that goth kid... Uh, Firkle..."

"Yeah but-"

"The two of you were totally making out, getting to second base if I remember right. I didn't want to take a closer look and seem like a perv..." Ike wanted to scream, scream out of pure embarrassment and shock but he forced anger out of himself. Ruby sounded confident but there was a slight tease in her voice, she was just joking right?

"What??? No! I'm pretty sure that never happened, I've never even had my first kiss!" He screamed. Ruby let out a short laugh.

"You mean your first kiss with a girl. Cuz you definitely had your first guy kiss." Ike turned redder.

"What the hell? I swear I haven't had my first kiss! Listen to me, Ruby. I. Am. Not. Gay." Ruby giggled as she went on her tiptoes and kissed him softly on the lips.

"Right, because you just had your first kiss." He turned red and wanted to scream but Ruby just tilted her head with a smile and started to walk away.

"See ya, Broflovski!"

Ike hated to admit that he had kissed two girls since breaking up with Firkle. That was scary. Of course Ruby was just messing with him, but the other kiss... The first girl he had kissed, Oh God if he could just take that stupid night back. Firkle was right to leave Ike, he was just some dumb Canadian floosy. Ike was thinking about this as he sat on his bed.  This is where it happened, that dreadful kiss. The one with the girl Ike hated, well not hated, dreaded. Karen McCormick, she was sitting right here when it happened so fast.

Karen was writing whatever Ike was telling her. She was like a parrot. It was almost funny to Ike, she was being beneath herself just for some boy. Writing everything Ike said wasn't necessarily a good idea ever since Ike had found out Firkle was the apple to Karen's eye. 

"Say, you are the conformist to my barbie dream house." Ike tried not laughing as he spoke. Karen wrote but she looked up at him. Ike panicked a little. Maybe she had figured him out, that he was sabotaging her, did that also mean she found out that Ike and Firkle had been together?

She set her pencil and her paper down and looked at Ike. She looked dubious. Finally, she began to speak. "It really means a lot that you're helping me, Ike." Ike nodded and when he turned to face her she was closer. Her face almost pressing up against his. A shudder shot throughout Ike's body. He really wanted her to back away. He couldn't back away without falling off the bed.

"Yeah. It's no problem, Karen." He tried shrugging off the uncomfortable invasion of space but Karen just smiled.  Her lips parted a bit and she hesitated again. She smelled like watermelon and strawberry.

"But, I don't think Firkle feels the same way about me." Her hand touched his knee and Ike tried looking down to where her hand was but Karen's gaze wouldn't allow that. The mention of Firkle made Ike angry, maybe that's why he had done it. He bit his lip and Karen was cherry red. "But that's okay because I think maybe..." She pursed her lips to speak again but Ike didn't let her, he pressed his lips against hers awkwardly then let himself promptly fall off the bed. The kiss didn't last even five seconds but the memory would stay forever.

Now Ike thought maybe Karen was working on these 'letters' just to spend more time with Ike. She probably didn't even write anything down anymore. She probably just stared at him in the lovey-dovey way she always did. Ike shook the feeling off, he needed mouthwash. 

Ike spent about thirty minutes brushing his teeth and rinsing his mouth with mouthwash. No amount of mint flavored crap could wash away his sin. Wash away the memory, and especially wash away the want, the need. The reassurance he needed from Firkle, to prove that he was normal. To prove that he wasn't some freak. Ike needed the goth, maybe more than the goth had ever needed the dumb jock.