Ike: Afterthought

She was applying what must have been the fifth layer of lipstick. She made it a point not to talk to him until she was finished. Michael watched every slow movement with malice and the tiniest hint of lust, why did Henri always get like this. She puckered up her lips and looked into the small pocket sized mirror. She smoothed the clumps with her index finger and shut the mirror dramatically then smiled all her fakeness at Michael.

"It was nice of you to invite me over." Before Michael could respond she popped a piece of grape gum into her mouth and began to chew more focused in that than anything. Michael's eye twitched.

"Can we not. Just for this one time can we put our b.s. aside and talk like normal teens."

"So, no sex." Michael's face turned red.

"Uh, what?" She gave a short laugh.

"After every argument, we always talk then..." She jumped onto him and pinned his arms down, her face so close her nose touched his. "Have amazing, sex." She whispered enunciated every syllable. He tried to lean forward to kiss her but she jumped up and stood next to his bed now.

"but I can see why guys get tired of that." She sighed fake pouting. "Now that we got that out of the way, what's the matter? I mean you usually let me freeze you out for a day before we even consider talking." Michael sat up from being jumped on and forced himself to grow serious, now was not the time to complain about Henri playing with his emotions, worrying about Firkle came first.

"Firkle and I... We... We had a little fight." She gave a snort of disbelief.

"Little, you don't do little, Michael; I should know." He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, maybe it got a little heated." Her cobra eyes bored into him and he couldn't hold back anymore.

"Alright, it was a total disaster." She sighed and took a seat next to him on the bed.

"Tell mama all about it Mikey." Her hand swept through his hair but Michael pushed away.

"No, come on. Don't start that whole mama thing. It's gross. I know I said I was a conformist but that's too much." She smiled and crawled up to him again he really wished she would stop.

"Why I thought all guys loved it when their girls called them daddy." her hand was pressed against his chest and she was reaching down but Michael stopped her.

"I said some horrible things." She sat up to look at him growing serious again.

"Michael you know I love you but you're not hiss dad, and I know you want to be one by the way you treat me." He turned red with annoyance and embarrassment, how could she say the exact same thing Firkle had. Was it wrong that he cared so much for Firkle?

"It's just, I think about how he's never had one good male role model in his life so I try to be that role model but I guess everyone in his life has failed... Including me. "

"Maybe you just feel like he's replacing you with his boyfriend." Michael grit his teeth thinking back to that snot nosed brat.

"God, Henri... I caught the two almost... Fuck, you should've seen the look that conformist gave me. He hates me. He's just a loser... I hate him."

She gave a soft smile and hugged him.

"Michael. No one likes being walked in on. It's not like you'd be happy if that happened to us." He rolled his eyes again and laid his head on her shoulder.

"I just don't want him to make a huge mistake... God, Henri. He's only fourteen." She rolled her eyes.

"I was fifteen." He gave her a confused look.