Ruby: Forgotten

She found the gloomy goth smoking a cigarette scratch that an E-cigarette alone behind the loading docks. He scowled when he saw her, but she figured it was a good sign since he always did that. "Hey, are you okay?" Firkle didn't look up at her.

"Why do you care?" She sighed at his obvious anger.

"What Ike did last night was stupid."

"Fuck off conformist, you annoy me."

"Look, kissing Flora was a mistake; he loves you."

"Yeah, and that's supposed to be a secret."

"Oh... yeah about that-"

"Where is the stupid conformist anyway?"

Ruby rubbed her head and winced as she spoke. "Sleeping off his major hangover. Like I seriously should be, who knows how many precious brain cells poor Ike killed, and he still wants to join Quizball."

"Yeah, well you weren't necessarily all there last night either. You were making out with that dumb conformist."

Ruby sighed, not wanting to think about yesterday. She didn't remember half the things that happened and that scared her. She quickly changed the subject.

"Look Firkle, I know Ike's not perfect, but he does care about you. A lot. You got to give him a shot. He's a boy, he messes up. ALL THE TIME." The goth rolled his eyes.

"Why don't you just go back to your conformist fairy tale and leave me the fuck alone. I'll be living here in the real world." He got up and started to walk away, but Ruby thought fast.

"WAIT!" He still didn't stop. "You quit smoking for him, didn't you!" He stopped dead in his tracks. The crappy E-cigarette feeling stale on his lips.

He faced her with a face contorted with rage and fear. How much did he want her to know? He didn't even like her. She was one of them, she was JUST like Flora. He flipped her off and tried to continue walking away but she charged at him tackling him.

The E-cigarette fell on the floor and Firkle growled. "Please, listen. Please." Ruby pleaded. He struggled under her grip for what felt like hours before he was able to push her off of him. She laughed when he was finally able to.

"Listen to what? Another conformist lie? HE CHEATED! AGAIN! After, everything. After we... After I told him, after every fucking thing I said..."

"Oh my God you're just like Tweek." Firkle paused to give her a confused look.

"Craig's on and off boyfriend. My brother's more of a tool than a boy but somehow Tweekers still fell for him." Firkle looked down at the now destroyed E-cigarette. Was Ike really just a tool, a boy messing with Firkle's head?

"Even through all the shit Craig puts Tweek through, he still stays. That's what love is, I guess, you forgive and forget... But who am I to talk, my longest relationship has only been two weeks."

"It's not the length of a relationship that makes a relationship, it's the passion." She smiled at the words but he refused to meet her gaze.

"I'll see you later, conformist." He began to walk away and dread filled Ruby. She couldn't even help a friend.

"And Ruby," he turned just the slightest bit to show a microscopic smile. "thanks."

Ike was pacing around. Ruby should've been home hours ago, the Tucker home was quiet without her. Thomas, her pathetic father was off at work, Craig still off to college, he'd get a week off sooner or later, and no doubt Laura off doing 'errands'. Where was Ruby?

"Dad!" She kicked the door open and Ike practically jumped out of his skin as she screamed.

"Holy crap! What are you doing here!" Ike took a deep breath finally calming down. Sadly that meant the crushing sadness weighed at him even more.