Fillmore: Tryouts

Fillmore caught the football with ease and just as he did a whistle went off. "OKAY! HUSTLE IN MAGGOTS!" The spiky haired teen nodded and ran with the rest of his 'team' towards the coach. They sat on the bleachers drying off their sweat of the day and rehydrating.

"Alright, I don't know if you've noticed, but this isn't necessarily the BEST GODDAMN TEAM IN COLORADO." A smirk enveloped Fillmore's mouth, 'no shit Sherlock', he wanted to say. Still, he couldn't get on the coach's bad side, he could get kicked out or worse have to run until the sunset like the last three times he let his mouth get the better of him.

"ANDERSON DID YOU HEAR ME!" The coach shouted in Fillmore's face spraying him with spit. He tried not laughing, wincing, or wiping the spit off as the coach stared intently at him.

"Uh, we're having tryouts today... And I'm in charge of new recruits because for now, I have the most potential as team captain?" The coach narrowed his eyes then went back to pacing back and forth in front of them. Fillmore had really bs'ed his explanation but it seemed like a logical guess to him. Still, he didn't want to be stuck with the wimps who would try out for football just to try and get popular. He looked at Quaid the quarterback for now who had brown curly hair and at the moment wore his Cows jersey.

"This is gonna suck dude," Fillmore muttered. His minion Quaid nodded.

"Yeah, our team's gonna blow. You and me are gonna be the only one's supporting the team."

"You and I." Fillmore's eye twitched at the familiarity of that voice, the cockiness, and sureness of it. He looked up to be greeted with a smirk.

"Hey, Fillmore! See, you're still not appreciating grammar to its full potential. Anyway, I'm here for tryouts." The spiky haired teen wanted to refuse but the coach stepped in quickly.

"GREAT! WE GOT OUR FIRST PIECE OF SHIT!" He turned to face Fillmore again. "ANDERSON!" He yelled even though Fillmore was right in front of him.

"Yes, sir. I'll be in the front row watching, Ike here. Tryout." He said between gritted teeth. Ike smiled big.

"Awesome!"

"Awesome.." Fillmore grumbled.

Firkle tried not to blink as her big blue eyes stared at him. "What. the hell. Do you want?" He grumbled. Ruby smiled as Karen stood next to her.

"We know you smoke." Ruby started. Firkle's eyes dulled.

"Used to smoke, quit in seventh. Anything else conformists?" Ruby's eyes furrowed as she tried not getting annoyed.

"Well, we wanted to know where you got them... Like, maybe we could get some." Firkle sighed and pointed to the brunette next to Ruby.

"You're not here for cigarettes. Because she's the one who would always get me and the goths cigarettes. So what the hell do you want? I mean aren't you Ike's peppy girlfriend or something?" To Firkle's surprise and her own Ruby turned red.

"Uh, no..." She looked away a dark shadow looming over her. She didn't want to admit that at one time she had an INSANE crush on her best friend, BUT it was gone now... Besides Firkle didn't need to know that and he shouldn't have cared, so why was there the faintest pink on his cheeks.

"Why do you care huh?" She nudged his side and Firkle took a step back annoyed with the sudden closeness. "Is it cuz a certain goth, likes a certain best friend of mine? Huh? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge." She nudged him again and Firkle had to take a big step back.

"No, and stop touching me." Ruby smiled wider and Karen giggled as she began poking Firkle again.

"OOOH! Stop touching, because you don't like it when girls touch you! Huh?" She poked him in the arm in the chest and the stomach over and over again until finally, he fell down.