Chapter 36;

Luke’s Point of View:

The time i spent in California with Reagan was the best time ever. Reagan and I spent every waking moment together, and I couldn’t have asked for a better time. She took me, Jai and Beau to a real american football game. It was so intense. It was almost as good at footy. 

I was on my way home now back to Australia, and I wasn’t going to be able to see Reagan for another two months, because she will be back for Christmas. It’s still so weird not having her around. Her house is too quite because you can’t hear her laughing. I still go over there to visit Lucy, but it’s still so strange. I told her this before. Not having her to film our videos is just all too weird. 

I got off of the plane quiet. The sun shined through the glass windows almost blinding from the dull plane. My music was being played because I was trying to zone everyone out. I cried on the plane, but had to hide it. There were fans in the airport that Jai and Beau were talking to. I quietly stood off to the side as they talked to my brothers. I wasn’t in the mood for a picture or a conversation. 

“Hey Luke. What’s up?” I kind girl came up to me. She must have noticed me sitting alone because she had detached herself from her friends. 

“Nothing.”

“What’s wrong Luke?” She asked again, she was a fan i’m assuming. I guess that meant she knew something had to be wrong.

“‘I’m just tired, jet lagged.” I lied.

“Don’t lie.” She knew, she was like a physic or something.

“I miss Reagan.” I admitted not realizing that I told her this. She sat down next to me and put her hand on my knee. I didn’t know if it was a comforting gesture or something more. But I moved my knee but she kept her hand there, then I realized she just was trying to comfort me.

“Don’t worry Luke. Reagan will always be there for you. She will always love you.” She said smiling getting up from sitting next to me and walking back over to her friends. I continued to sit and wait for my brothers to finish up, as the tears began to falls.

One Week Later (Still Luke’s Point of View):

I sat down with James at my kitchen table as we were doing our math homework. He was probably texting Sarah. I just looked down at my notes glancing at my un responsive phone, because Reagan was sleeping. 

“James I need advice.” I looked up at him.

“What kind of advice?”

“Relationship advice.” 

“Go ahead.”

“Should I break up with Reagan James? I mean I don’t think I can handle this whole thing like I thought could. I keep asking myself if it’s worth it. I love her, I really do. But I’m depressed all the time because she I so far away. I don’t think I can deal with this for another three years, I knew she will be back in December, than March and then home for the winter in May but it’s too long.” I started tearing up.

“You say you love her right?” I nodded. “Then why end something with someone you love.”

“It’s the distance James. She is so fucking far away.” I was getting angry with James even though he didn’t do anything wrong.

“You knew going into this whole thing it wasn’t going to be easy. I told you, Jai told, your mom and Lucy all told you. You just ignored us though. Luke I know what it’s like loving someone who is far away. Look at Sarah. She is touring in the UK right now. It’s far away but we manage. Distance is just a number of miles on a map.”