Chapter 33:

I woke up at 10 and decided to go running. I quickly put on my sneakers and a pair of yoga pants that i could run in. I left the dorm room quietly so that I wouldn’t wake up Nala.

I ran for over an hour. My normal routine. I would run around the lake and towards the football stadium complex. Then coming back towards the lake i stopped. I sat down to catch my breath and thing for a while. I started thinking too much, which ended up being a problem because I started to question my relationship with Luke which was dumb. Luke was the best thing that ever happened to me. I shook off my thoughts and i felt my phone vibrate on my arm. I took it out of the case that was carrying it. It was Beau he texted me. It read: i’m walking around the campus trying to find u. where r u slut?

I laughed at the slut part. I texted him back, at the lake. where r u?

i just passed a building?

thanks that helps??

now i passed a statue of this weird creepy guy

okay you’re close by. keep walking straight until you see this big tree. like it’s huge. then make a left and you will see a big thing of water which is a lake. I’m sitting down by the water. K?

k. i’ll see u in a few.

I put my phone back in the sleeve on my arm. I wondered why Beau was coming to visit me. Then I started thinking stupid things and I shook my head. Again thinking killed me.

“Boo!” He scared me coming up behind me. I jumped and then Beau started laughing at me sitting down next to me.

“Shit Beau. I don’t like it when you do that. And you know it.” I punched him in the shoulder.

“I know. That’s why I do it.”

“FUck you.” I said but I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“Why are you sitting out here all alone?”

“I was running and I decided to take a break. It’s my thinking space.” I told him.

“It’s nice here.”

“I know, but why are you here? I’m not supposed to meet you guys for another hour and a half?” 

“I got bored. Luke and Jai are still passed out sleeping. And surprisingly I was the first one awake.”

“You beat Jai?”

“Yeah. He was up kinda late. I think he was either thinking about Nala naked or Ariana Grande.”

“Don’t tell me that. I don’t need to know about his fantasies about my roommate.”

“You know he likes her.”
“It’s so obvious. Jai is terrible at hiding his feelings. But they met yesterday.”

“Does she like him?”

“I have no idea. But I had this conversation with Luke yesterday. And I’ll say the same thing, they barely know each other. And Nala never had a real relationship.”

“Speaking of relationships. How are you and Luke?” I hesitated. I loved talking to Beau but we never talked about personal things. And it was kind of weird because I did know how he felt, or used to felt. I didn’t know. “You can tell me. Luke told me everything. He told me about telling you about me. I nearly killed him but it’s okay. Reagan i’m not always a dick.” He smiled.

“He told you?”

“Yeah, I kind of figured you knew. You acted different. If you think Jai is terrible at hiding his feelings you should look at yourself. You basically screamed uncomfortable whenever I was with you. Even now you look uncomfortable.”