Chapter 26:

I walked through the big doors to find myself in between even more doors. I looked at a sign that said Professor Aaron Thymal’s office was up the stairs. I walked up the stairs passing two girls. They just looked at me. I came acrossa door that was labeled with Professor Thymal’s name. I knocked and waited until I hear foot steps. Another two girls walked out the door as I was walking in. 

“You must be the talented Ms. Reagan Ratoni.” He said opening his arms from behind his giant wooden desk. He offered me a seat.

“That’s me.” I said sitting down in the leather chairs.

“How are you Reagan? How was your flight.” 

“I’m good sir, i’m a little tired but i’ll manange. And the flight, well the flight was long sir.”

“Very good. Now Reagan let’s talk business.” He said leaning back in his desk chair. “Have you made your decision just by looking at this beautiful campus?” 

“The campus is magnificent sir. It’s really wonderful.”

“So does that mean you will be attending UCLA?”

“I’m not so sure sir. It is still a 17 hour time difference between here and my home.”

“Reagan. I know the time difference is hard and you are leaving so much behind but think of the opportunities here in California. You have Hollywood and the major celebrities!” 

“I know sir but i’m only 17 years old. I’m still a baby.”

“But you will be 18 when you come to school. And you’re not a baby Reagan. You are probably the most mature teenage girl I have met. And I have met many. Look at you! You left Australia and are going back all in one day! That takes some courage. And you are doing in alone it shows your independence. I have spoken with your mother to Reagan. She said you organized this all yourself? Is that right?”

“Yes sir.”

“Reagan everything adds up. You’re extremely talented, and you are extremely talented.”

“But sir.”

“Reagan i have a class that starts at 9:30 and I am never late to my class. But would you like to sit in and watch for a little bit?”

“I..I would be honored sir.” He said getting up from his chair.

“Follow me.” And I did.

We arrived at a huge classroom that had over 300 seats in it.

“This is actually one of my smaller classes.” He said setting up his computer. When the class all arrived there were about 50 students. I sat in the front off to the side.

“Good Morning class.”

“Good Morning Professor Thymal.” They greeted back. Some students looked like they wanted to be here. Actually a lot of them did.

“We have a special guest here today. Let me introduce you to the young talented Ms. Reagan Ratoni.” He said pointing to me. The room clapped for me

“Class now Ms. Ratoni here is contemplating going to UCLA. Do you think she should?” Hands shot up. “Yes Kim?” I looked at Kim it was the girl that left is office before I went in.

“I think she should. UCLA is one of the best choices I made. I was questioning it too back my senior year of high school but i’m glad I did.”

“Reagan, Kim is one of my best students. She actually received the same scholarships that you were offered. I ask the Dean to give out that scholarship once every four years. When I watched your cyber bullying movie I was touched. I spoke to the Dean who also watched it. He loved it so much he sent it to high schools through out the state who played it for their students. The last person to have that large of an impact here was Kim.”