Chapter 28:

I have an idea to make like a trailer for the story, but I don't have a person to play as Reagan, so if anyone has any ideas. Let me know?_Skyla

_____________________________________________________________________________

I hadn’t spoken or even seen any of the Brooks all day. I was helping my mom prepare the Sunday dinner and Gina was taking care of Beau who had gotten an ear infection, which worsened on the plane.My mom was putting the cheese onto the baked ziti, which had to go into the oven, and I was making meatballs when there was a knock on the door.

“Can you see who it is?” My mom asked. I looked at her weirdly because my hands were covered with meat. I walked over to the door and made sure that i didn’t touch anything.

“It’s Jai. Should I let him in?” I asked loudly so he could hear me.

“I heard that.” He said walking into the house.

“Come in Jai.” 

“Why aren’t you dressed?” He asked.

“I am?” I said looking at my outfit. I was wearing clothes, but nothing fancy.

“You’re going out though? With Luke?”

“What? No I’m not. It’s Sunday. Family Dinner night?” 

“SHIT. Reagan I totally forgot to tell you. Luke is taking you out tonight.” My mom said.

“Are you kidding? I’m going out and i’m not even showered. I need at least an hour.” I said quickly washing my hands.

“Jai come roll meatballs for me.” My mom asked. 

“Okay.” He said walking over to the kitchen as I ran to get some thing to wear.

“Jai!” I called and walked out of my bedroom in nothing but my pants and my sports bra.

“What?” He turned around.

“Smell my hair. Does it smell bad?” I asked as he sniffed my hair.

“It smells normal?”

“You’re useless. I don’t have time to do it. Fuck it. It’s staying like this.” I said. It was wavy like normal. I jumped into the shower and shaved and made sure I smelled nice. I ran out of the bathroom with nothing but my towel on noticing Beau was staring at me.

“Put some clothes on.” He yelled from sitting at the kitchen table. I just ignored him as I ran into my room. I almost took my towel off when I noticed Jai.

“What the fuck are you doing?”  I said yelling he looked embarrassed because I was naked.

“I’m sorry. I was looking for something?” He was lying.

“Get out! Get out! Get out!” I yelled at him and he scurried out of my room.  I squeezed into my extra skinny, dark washed skinny jeans. I threw on a bra and noticed that the salmon colored blazer I was going to wear wasn’t in my closet. I peaked out of my room to make sure no one could see me and I ran into my moms room that was next door. The blazer was hanging on her closet door. I slipped back to my room to look for a shirt to put under the blazer. I found this sheer white flowy tank top with a bandeau  and put the blazer on over it. Now I needed shoes. 

I finally found a creamy colored ballet flat that might not have matched but I didn’t care. I put a little bit of make up on, because I was going for the natural look and because I didn’t have enough time. I sprayed myself with perfume and then grabbed my phone and my wallet walked out of my room to see that Skip and James had joined tonights family dinner.