Chapter 27:

I got to the airport an hour before my flight was to take off. Perfect timing. I went into the bathroom to change into old running shorts and Luke’s Penola sweatshirt and to take me contacts out. I threw my hair into a pony tail and started to walk around the airport. There were a lot of food options in LAX and i was starving. I went up to this pizza parlor and ordered myself two slices of plain pizza and a diet coke. I sat down to eat when I noticed these two girls staring at me. I checked my phone but there were no messages. I didn’t even know what time it was back in Australia. I bit into my pizza and noticed the girls continued to stare at me. 

Finishing eating I got up to throw my garbage away and one of the two girls ran over to me.

“Are you really reagan?” She asked.

“Yes?” I looked at her confused. 

“I’m a really big fan.” Oh great. I wasn’t really in the mood to deal with fangirls just because I was running on like 30 hours of no sleep. 

“Can you follow me?” She said handing me a piece of paper with two twitter accounts on it. I took the paper and awkwardly walked away. I typed the twitter names into my phone and followed them both just because I was a good person.

Sitting at the gate I swear I saw two celebrities. I thought that I saw Kim Kardashian and then i thought I saw Lady Gaga, but dressed normal. I wasn’t sure but i’m going to keep telling myself that it was them. Boarding the plane I got the window seat again. A man had sat next to me, he looked like he was traveling for business and took out his laptop immediately.  I just put my music on and got swept away by a mixture of Justin Bieber, One Direction and Ed Sheeran singing to me. 

Landing wasn’t fun. It was raining in Australia and there was turbulence. I really thought I was going to die. But when we did land I let go of the arm rests and took deep breaths. I was physically exhausted because I only slept for 5 out of the 15 hours, just because the turbulence was really bad.

I noticed that the airport was really empty, probably because it was 1am. I grabbed my suitcase and started to walk towards where I was meeting my mom, Luke, Gina and the rest of the boys who were waiting.  I went into the bathroom and on my way out someone grabbed me. I couldn’t help but scream and there was a janitor who gave me a dirty look.

“Luke.” I said throwing my arms around him and kissing him right outside the entrance to the girls bathroom.

“I missed you Reag.” He had dark circles under his eyes, because of the lack of sleep. I don’t think he slept the night before.

“I missed you too Lukey. I thought I was meeting you upstairs?” 

“Everyone else is upstairs but they are all half asleep. I couldn’t wait any longer. When i got your text that you landed I ran here. I almost slipped too on the wet floor.”

“I love you.” I said kissing him again. I missed his kisses and the taste of his soft lips.

“I love you too. Now lets get home before both of us die of sleep exhaustion.” He said holding my suitcase in on hand and his other arm around me.

“REAGAN!” James and Jai said walking quickly towards me when they saw us.

“Jai, James.” I said embracing both of them for a group us. Beau and Skip both shot up because they heard us. They must have fallen asleep.

“Come here Reag.” Beau said holding out his arms. I hugged him and then I hugged Skip.

“You guys are acting like I have been gone for years. I was gone for a day.” I said hugging my mom as she kissed the top of my head. I also hugged Gina. 

“We missed you at the signing Reag. It was packed. The girls were looking for you.” Gina told me.

“Yeah Luke told me. That’s great though. I’m so proud.” I said holding onto Luke.

“How was California?” Gina asked, I didn’t want to be rude but I just wanted to go to bed. 

“Can we talk about it tomorrow at dinner? I’m too tired for his conversation now.” I said nicely and Gina agreed. We all needed our beauty sleep.

I woke up at 12 in the afternoon and it felt great. 

“So are you going to tell me about UCLA?” My mom asked as I strolled into the kitchen.

“It was really incredible.” I said honestly.

“So you’re probably going to go?” 

“Yeah mom. I think I am. I loved every second of it. And Professor Thymal, the teacher I was talking about really loved me. He said how great my movie was and how much of an inspiration it was. He took me to his top class too. It was all seniors who were going to do something big in the movie industry. The one girl Kim got the same scholarship I did when she was an incoming freshman and she got to work with Steven Spielberg! She is now going to be directing her first big movie.”

“That’s fantastic news. Do you think you’re going to move to California Reag? If your job takes you there.”

“I don’t think so mom. I think i’m going to end up working for the Janoskains, but I’m excited to live there while I go to school.”

“You don’t think you’re going to be a big time movie director?”

“I would love to mom, but I just think I would choose being with Luke and being part of the Janoskain family.”

“You don’t know how happy that makes me.” She said hugging me.

“What are you talking about?”

“I don’t think I could live without you. When you go to college it’s going to be so quiet and boring around here.”

“You still have Gina and the Janoskians though? You will work with them. And you will still have sunday dinners. Just I wont be there”

“It’s not going to be the same Reag.”

“I’m sorry mom.”

“Don’t be sorry Reagan. You’re just living one of your dreams. It’s nothing.” She looked upset but I didn’t push the topic any farther. It was already too sensitive.