Chapter 22

I woke up at 9 to see that Luke was sleeping peacefully next to me. He was wearing his boxer shorts and I was wearing his t-shirt and a pair of underwear. Good thing I decided to put clothes on. I woke up at around 2 to put them on. And I noticed Luke had done the same. I didn’t want to get out of bed because I was too warm and Luke was still sleeping. I pulled out my phone and went on twitter. Luke was right, this twitter thing was addicting. My mentions were blown up but I noticed Jai and James tweeted again about me and Luke.

James said: “@luke_brooks @reagan_ratoni have fun ;) “

Jai’s said: “@luke_brooks didn’t come home last night.... keep him safe @reagan_ratoni” I tweeted him back now saying how he was fine. I also noticed that Luke had tweeted to. It was right after i had fallen asleep. it read: “I love @reagan_ratoni more than anything. She is perfect in every way!” It had over 1000 retweets and favorites. I retweeted it. I took a picture of me and got luke sleeping in the background to instagram it. Luke looked dead but it was funny. I got out of my bed and left Luke sleeping. I noticed how my mom was drinking coffee and watching the news when I slipped in and sat down next to her.

“Good Morning. Did you and Luke have fun last night?” He smiled.

“Mom!” I said laughing.

“I’m not dumb Reagan. I was once a teenager too.”

“We’re not having this conversation.” I tried to ignore her. 

“You know I was your age when i met your father.” 

“Really? You were 17?”

“Actually I was younger. We started dating at 14, but took a break after we graduated. We went in different directions for college and then we ran into each other.”

“I knew you dated for a long time.” I said she made me a cup of chocolate milk.

“How do you feel about Luke?” She asked me.

“He is my best  friend mom. You know that. I mean he treats me basically the same he always has, just we kiss and stuff.” 

“You love him don’t you.”

“Yes mom I do. I always have and always will.”

“You know he loves you more than anything right. Like he questioned the Janoskians to be with you.” 

“I know he loves me mom, he tells me 100 times a day. But I what are you talking about the Janoskians?”

“I was talking to him before you left for sydney. He told me that he would do anything to be with you. And he wants you to go to Uni where you want to. And if he couldn’t be in the Janoskains because of it he wouldn’t. But then I told him he was acting stupid because you would only be in Uni for 4 years. And then everything would be fine.” 

“He really said that?” I sat there in disbelief. 

“Every word. Reagan i gave you permission to go to California for Uni. But don’t you loose Luke. He is the best thing that happened since your father passed. He is special and you have to hold onto him. I see the way he looks at you. I see the way you look at him. You have the same twinkle in your eye that I had with your father. Love is a hard thing to deal with. Especially when you’re young. Be careful.” She said kissing my forehead.

“Thanks mom. I needed this talk.” 

“You’re welcome. And remember I’m always here to talk. I have to go Reagan. Before I’m late for work. But there is pancake mix in the cabinet and also chocolate chips. I’ll be home around 3. And clean your room Reagan. Love you.”