Chapter 11:

ONE WEEK LATER

I walked through the mall with Beau and Skip. It was kind of awkward because normally Jai or Luke would have been here. 

“We have to get my mom a present.” Skip said. I was busy texting not really listening. They only brought me because I’m a girl and would know what to get her.

“Reagan put your phone down! Who are you even texting?” Beau wondered grabbing the phone from my hands.

“Give it back Beau! Or you will have to walk home.” I said because I drove us here. Another reason why they asked me to come. Beau gave me my phone back but i think he saw who i was texting. I was texting Charlie Roland. 

We got Skips mom a really pretty necklace. Skip actually picked it out but i suggested it. On our way home I was quiet but Beau and Skip were mooning people as they passed in the cars.

“I wish you would stop.” I said trying not to laugh as an old lady gave them the strangest look. We all laughed. Dropping Skip off left me alone with Beau. I felt awkward.

“Who is Charlie?” Beau asked.

“What?”

“Don’t play dumb Reagan. I saw who you were texting.” My phone vibrated and Beau looked at me.

“It’s probably my mom or Jai or someone.”

“Or Charlie.” He didn’t even look at me the rest of the car ride home. I didn’t know why. He made the whole car ride even more awkward then it was. But the message was from Luke. He wanted to go to the movies with Jai to see Madagascar 3 but i couldn’t. I hated telling him this but i was actually going to hang out with Charlie. 

After saying goodbye to Beau and running up into the house I ran straight to my room. I rummaged through my closet trying to find something to wear. I was only going to his house to ‘watch a movie or something’ but i was wearing Luke’s old soccer sweatpants and a t-shirt. I threw on a pair of denim shorts and a shirt that was pretty nice. I haven’t worn it in a long time though so it was kind of tight. My mom was out with Gina so i left her a note saying I was going out with a friend. She didn’t need to get up in my personal life. Charlie was picking me up so i didn’t have to take the car. I walked outside to his car to see that Luke, Jai and James were outside kicking a soccer ball around. I guess the film thing didn’t work out. I quickly waved before getting into Charlie’s car and we left, Charlie speeding off.

Luke’s Point of View:

“Where is Reagan going?” James asked.

“I have no idea.” Jai looked at me. I was in shock. She blew me off to hang out with Charlie Roland? That dick. 

“Was that Charlie Roland’s car?” Beau asked coming out.

“I think so?” Jai said. I sat quietly.

“When Skip and I went to the mall with Reagan she was texting him non-stop.” Beau said. I threw the soccer ball at Jai him quickly dodging it.

“What the fuck Luke?” He yelled at me. I didn’t respond. Instead I sat down at the front door and put my hands on my head which were between my legs.

“What’s wrong Luke?” James asked sitting down next to me.

“Reagan totally blew me and Jai off to hang out with that fucking piece of shit!” I yelled. I thought I was going to start to cry I was so angry.

“Luke Reagan is allowed to have other friends.” Jai said. 

“I know and she does! But not Charlie Roland. She knows I hate him!”