Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning at a good hour. It was 10:30. I finished talking to Luke through the window at around 3. Then he ended up texting me. We sending stupid pictures of ourselves to each other for another hour until I fell asleep on him. He normally was the one to fall asleep first though.  I still don’t know how we didn’t wake up Jai. I thought we were pretty loud. I woke up still wearing the cow beanie. I laughed at myself wearing it because I looked funny.

“What are you wearing?” My mom asked. She was cleaning the kitchen.

“My new beanie. Luke gave it to me.” 

“It’s cute, but you look ridiculous.” He laughed at me.

“Thanks mom.”

“Reag, can you do me a favor? Can you go to the store and pick up a few things?”

“Yeah I have to get Cookies anyway for Luke and Jai.”

“Here is a list and some money.” She said handing me a list with like 100 different things. 

“How am I supposed to carry all these bag?” 

“They are light things, see if one of the brooks brothers could go with you.”

“They are all sleeping mom.” 

“It’s scary how you know their sleeping schedule. But fine you can take the car. She said throwing me the keys. I was able to drive for since I turned 17, but never needed to because I could walk everywhere.

“Thanks mom!” I said grabbing the keys from her and running to my room to get dressed.

“Be careful!” She yelled to me.

I was wearing the cow beanie to the store because it was cool. It was still summer in Australia so it was hot. I was wearing light washed capri’s and just a white v-neck and black toms. I would change later for church but my outfit matched the black and white cow beanie.

Pulling into the parking lot, i noticed it was sort of crowded. I was in the middle of the mall parking lot because that is were the supermarket was.

“Shit. I forgot to see what cookies they wanted.” I said talking to myself. I contemplated calling Jai or luke but they would be sleeping. I dialed their house phone.

“Hello?” Gina answered.

“Hey Gina it’s Reagan I just have a quick question.”

“Sure honey what’s up?”

“Do you know what type of cookies Jai and Luke like? I’m at the super market and i’m picking up a few things.”

“I’m sure anything is fine dear. Chocolate chip or sugar? You decide.” She told me.

“Are you sure?”

“They are growing boys Reagan. They will eat anything.”

“Okay thank’s Gina. I’ll talk to you in a little bit.”

“Okay. Hey Reagan. Is your mom home? I noticed the car was gone.”

“Yeah She is home. She is probably cleaning. I have the car.”

“She finally let you drive it?”

“Yeah it took her long enough. I running errands for her that’s probably why.”

“Okay Reag. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye Gina.” I said hanging up the phone. Gina was probably going to head over to my house now.