Promise pt 2 - D.S

////

2 months had passed since I got the letter, informing me the love of my life was dead. To say I was heartbroken would be an understatement.

I hadn't gotten much sleep for the first few weeks after the letter until I became physically unable to keep my eyes open. I couldn't sleep knowing Daniel was dead, knowing he'd never come back to me like he promised, knowing I'd never truly be able to call him mine since we could never have the wedding.

I took off the engagement ring a few days after, not wanting to look at it, it reminding me too much that Daniel will never come back.

All these thoughts flooded through my mind as I stood in my doorway, staring at the man in front of me. The man I was told was dead. The man I was in love with. The man who promised me he'd return from the war. Daniel James Seavey.

I was in utter disbelief. My eyes wide as I continued to stare at him. Daniel looked at me with the same expression.

Without thinking, I flung my arms around Daniels neck, pulling him close and crying into his chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, crying as well.

I pulled away a little, looking up at him. He looked back down at me with a slight smile. I pulled him down towards me and crashed my lips onto his, this being the first kiss we had shared since he left for the war almost 6 months ago.

The kiss was passionate and full of love. We broke apart, both gasping for air.

I smiled up at him, still in slight disbelief. I put my hand on the side of Daniel face, he smiled and closed his eyes, leaning into my hand. "I can't believe it's you" I whispered, a tear slipping down my cheek. "It's me. I'm here. They messed up the letter. It was meant to say missing in action. Not killed" Daniel replied, turning his head to kiss my palm.

Some time passed, he came into our apartment and we sat on the couch together as I explained everything. After I finished explaining everything, he told me about some of his experiences while on the battlefield and why he was home so early until something caught his eye.

"Where's your ring?" He asked, a slight sad tone in his voice as he looked down at my left hand he was currently holding. "I took it off a few days after I got the letter. I couldn't wear it. It reminded me of you too much" I replied, looking down at the floor only to have Daniel put his fingers under my chin and lift it up so I was looking at him.

He smiled sadly and wiped away the tears from under my eyes. "I'll go put it back on" I said, standing up but as I left Daniel grabbed my wrist, stopping me. "No, you can get it later. I want some time with my girl" he said, looking at me with pleading eyes. I nodded and sat back down.

We spent the rest of the night talking and cuddling.

I was ecstatic he was home. He was ecstatic to be home in the safety of his own house, not having to worry about being killed everyday and breaking the promise. Daniel couldn't die knowing he broke the promise.

He couldn't leave his best girl. Not when she owes him a wedding.

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE A FUCKING MONTH. IVE HAD MASSIVE WRITERS BLOCK, IVE BEEN SUPER BUSY, I HAD EXAMS AND OTHER SHIT. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE FOR THIS BUT I FELT BAD FOR JUST LEAVING YOU GUYS WITHOUT A PART TWO SO I FORCED MYSELF TO WRITE THIS WHICH EXPLAINS WHY ITS SO SHITTY.

Mia ✨