The floor is lava - D.S

Yes ik it's an old trend but I think thought of this and it's adorable. Just read

IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT THAT U CAN SEE IT. SOMETHINGS UP WITH MY ACC AND IM TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU SEE THIS IN ORDER TO DO SO.
Update: Thank you to those few people who commented that they saw this. For some reason i can't reply but thank you so much. Love you guys x

||||

"Come on. You can do it, I won't let you fall" I said to my 4 year old son, Kai. We were playing the floor is lava around the house before my wife, y/n got home and scolded me for letting Kai stay up past his bed time and climbing on the furniture.

"But what if the lava gets me daddy?" Kai said and looked at me. "You won't fall. I'm holding your hand. The lava won't take you" I replied and Kai sighed, looking at the little gap between the couch and the coffee table. There was no way he was gonna try and jump the gap so I picked him up and put him down on the table. He laughed and thanked me before getting onto the pillows on the floor that lead into the kitchen. I followed behind him and watched him try to keep his balance on the pillows

We finally reached the kitchen and Kai was sitting on the kitchen island as I was throwing him snacks from the cupboard, watching him miss everything I threw at him. "We gotta work on your catching buddy" I laughed and he smiled at me. Between the yelling from kai and both of us laughing, I didn't hear y/n walk in the door till it was to late.

"Kai! Catch!" I yelled and threw him a pillow. Before he could even try to catch it the door opened. "Mommy!" Kai yelled excitedly, throwing himself at her. She caught him and put him on her hip."Hi baby. You should be asleep" y/n said and looked at kai as he smiled. "Daddy said we could play a game till you got home. I wasn't allowed to tell you. Whoopsie" kai said and glanced over at me and I shot him a glare. He laughed again and y/n looked around the floor. "Yeah I see that. Go and get into bed. I'll be in there in a minute" y/n smiled at kai and he nodded. I took that opportunity to slowly back away. She put kai down and he ran to his room.

Just as I turned my back I could feel y/n glaring at me. "You're not going anywhere Daniel James" she said as I cringed. Y/n only used my middle name when she was mad. I turned back around and saw y/n glaring at me. "Hey babe. How was your day?" I asked but her facial expression didn't change. "Don't babe me. Daniel you promised me kai would be asleep by the time I got home. Not playing the floor is lava" y/n said. "In my defence, I did put him into bed and he refused to sleep" I said. "No you didn't" I heard kai say. I looked behind me and there he was, standing there innocently with a smile. "Oh come on. You can't do daddy like that" I whined and kai laughed again before running back to his room.

"Baby you can't tell a four year old not to tell someone something and actually expect them not to tell that someone" y/n smiled and took her heels off. I also smiled and sat down on the couch, y/n sitting down next to me and resting her head on my shoulder. "So, the floor is lava? Was it fun?" Y/n asked, looking up at me. "You know we both love the floor is lava and yes. It was very fun. I feel like I should also tell you that the kitchen is a mess because kai cant catch anything" I said and y/n shrugged. "Don't worry about the mess. You can clean that up now" y/n smiled and kissed my cheek, then getting up and walked down to Kai's room.

I started to clean up and by the time y/n walked back out everything was cleaned up and no mess on the floor anymore. Y/n hugged me and put her head on my chest. "Kai finally fell asleep after I read three books to him" y/n laughed. "Oh and guess what?" She asked, looking up at me with a smile. "What?" I responded and y/n's smile got bigger. "The floor is lava" She yelled and pushed me back, running to the couch and jumping on it and I sat on the nearest chair. "First one to get to our room without touching the floor gets to pick the movie?" Y/n asked looking at me from her position on the couch. I nodded and she smiled, both of us trying to get to the room first. I grabbed 2 pillows I forgot to pick up and put one on the floor and stood on it. I put the other one in front of me and got the one from behind me and put it back in front.

I repeated this process past y/n and was almost to the room until I heard y/n yell. I looked behind me and to see her running at me. "No!" I yelled but before I could move she tackled me onto the floor. "This isn't fair" I whined as y/n straddled my waist. "This is so fair. I lost anyway because I decided jumping on you would be better then picking a movie" y/n smiled as I laughed. "Ok well get off me so I can pick out the movie" I laughed and y/n got off, helping me up.

We walked into our room and lied down on the bed. I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. I picked a movie and pulled y/n closer to me as she cuddled up to my chest. Half way through the movie, everything was quite and y/n was almost asleep. "The bed and floor is lava" I yelled and got off the bed jumping onto the chair at the desk. I looked over at y/n who was struggling to keep her balance on the stool I used when I played guitar. She fell off after a few seconds and I burst into a fit of laughter to the point where I fell off the chair I was on, making us laugh more. "I love you" I said between laughs. "I love you too idiot" y/n responded. Both of us still laughing messes on the floor of our bedroom.

I love this girl more then she'll ever know

Ok I actually really like this even tho it's longer then normal. Hehehe sorry :)

Mia ✨